Summer transfer window 2023

The challenge this summer- as with previous ones- is moving on some of the overpaid players who aren’t contributing. Maupay, Holgate, Keane, plus the returning loaned out brigade; Gomes, Gbamin, Dele. That is an eye-watering amount of wages being spent on players we don’t need. Anything we can get in transfer fees from them is a bonus. Be tempted to move on Mykolenko if we can get a reasonable fee for him. A new starting left back with Samuels-Smith as back up.

Our 3 year rolling loss was £372m, and they’ve tried various ways of attributing the losses (covid, stadium etc); that’s why we’ve been referred to an independent commission to see if this was legible.

the “we’ve sold Richarlison, Kean and Gordon so we have money” argument is fruitless
Those losses are not FFP or anywhere close to it. Chelsea literally just reported a loss of 122 million for 2022, which would put THEM over the limit in a single year. They also lost 154 million the year prior (Chelsea Losses). There are Covid costs, stadium costs, community program costs, womens program costs that all do not count towards FFP among many other things.

You can see my post in the FFP Pressures thread with what we can assume on the numbers.

Eventually they stood up to be counted this season, but I dont think there's too many I'd salvage from the current squad.

Pickford
Coleman/Patterson will have to do (as we have Garner who can also slot in at RB)
Mykolenko needs to become back up but retain
Tarkowski
McNeill
Onana
Doucoure
Iwobi
Gueye
Garner
Gray (squad player)
DCL (squad player)

Call back Branthwaite and maybe Cannon. See if Mills or McAllister can make the step up. It'd be a real boost to get either of those in the first team.

The rest I wouldn't thank you for.

CF(s) and FB(s) and a CB are priorities.

If we get good quality on incomings we should stay out of the relegation fight next season.

It'll be interesting who we can pick up for free. More importantly, who'd want to come on a free when they'll have tons of options
We'll be operating in a certain market, that's for sure. We wont be getting the likes of Tielemans any more than we'll be dropping +£40m on someone. You'd hope we're after players that want to come here and fit 'the profile' (whatever that is) rather than whoever will pay them the most just because they're free.