Summer transfer window 2023

Garner isn’t like the other United cast offs we’ve gone for though is he.
United didn't want to sell him, but he wanted minutes they didn't have.

The lesson is simple enough: never buy a player United wants to sell. If even Ed Woodward could see that a player was turbo-garbage, then the player is turbo-garbage.

Okay so...

Why would United loan him out?
Maybe because they can’t sell him for what they want. Just like we can’t sell the palyers for what we want. Different scale but all teams now having the same problem, when a player will leave and can only go down a level.

Added to the fact a kit of the top European teams can’t compete with English clubs. And the ones that can won’t be interested in maguire.

Now we’ve survived to stay in the PL, let’s all sit and watch as Man U, arsenal, Chelsea and co spend another 200m in this window while we shop in the “dented can” section and celebrate staying up again in another 12 months.
Something about 'Harrods' and 'Marks & Spencer'...

United didn't want to sell him, but he wanted minutes they didn't have.

The lesson is simple enough: never buy a player United wants to sell. If even Ed Woodward could see that a player was turbo-garbage, then the player is turbo-garbage.
This is generally a good rule of thumb when dealing with any selling club really. The tricky bit is when it comes to negotiating with clubs who don't actively want to get rid of a particular player, which is were Everton tends to struggle more often than not.

Wow Zatara the hard man. Haven't got the brains to write a reasoned reply so gives it the middle finger hiding behind a computer. What a prick you are. If that's the level of debate on here then youse can shove it. Cba if it's just a forum for knobheads.
Try the current affairs section, it's like one of the John Wick films...

What is niggling me right now is the idea that this MSP/Others thing rumbles on, Moshiri / club spends nothing so the books look more attractive for negotiation and then they back out last minute to leave us with a deadline day Kenwright special again. Manage/Dyche gets the blame again and we have Big Sam in Jan.

I got all of that catastrophising from us not signing Coady and letting Mina go - and they fact we didn't manage to spend a penny in January.

Could it be that we actually have zero cashflow right now ?

What is niggling me right now is the idea that this MSP/Others thing rumbles on, Moshiri / club spends nothing so the books look more attractive for negotiation and then they back out last minute to leave us with a deadline day Kenwright special again. Manage/Dyche gets the blame again and we have Big Sam in Jan.

I got all of that catastrophising from us not signing Coady and letting Mina go - and they fact we didn't manage to spend a penny in January.

Could it be that we actually have zero cashflow right now ?
I see where you're coming from here.

I've thought that it could also apply the other way in that MSP dither to drive the price down.

We just have to be patient a little more perhaps. We badly need a transfer budget within the restrictions and for that to be spent as wisely as possible.

Ultimately, doing nothing and delaying hurts the squad and hurts the bottom line as well. I think it's clear now that MSP will have to cough up a transfer budget as part of their investment and surely all sides recognise that time is of the essence.