Summer transfer window 2023

....as somebody who watched a bit of Rangers over the past few seasons, Morelos is absolutely not fit for purpose as far as Everton is concerned. Not even sure he’s an upgrade on Maupay. He’s dreadful, banish that thought from your mind.

Vardy is also dreadful. Banish him from your mind as well.

I’m afraid they are Two awful shouts. I need a rum at the thought of it.
Vardy is not what he once was at all.
Pretty sure he was on a barren run until Keane was up against him.
He'll finish up at Leicester.

Ok. True about Morelos just scoring 11 goals this season, I haven’t really checked his stats . But I have noticed that he hasn’t played much this season . He’s been a little out of favour. So that doesn’t sound good . But our very own Doucoure was out of favour , with a certain manager. It happens.
Was just thinking that he could be a cheap option from the bench . And he might get the odd goal. And of course , I want better strikers at Everton . But wouldn’t the likes of Morelos be better that the likes of Maupay. And when I made my comment , I was thinking that Mina would take him in hand . But none of that will happen now.
But I would still look at Scotland for a back up striker . Celtic have a few decent Japanese strikers. A decent offer could get one of them. Why not.
It’s a lottery anyhow , but one that we really do need to get right. So let’s hope we bring in two Hungary strikers . And one hits the ground running . And the other isn’t too far behind.
Vardy , for the right terms , could also be an option.
5 years ago Morelos would’ve been the perfect Everton striker but the guys a complete waster.

Every manager he’s had has dropped him for unprofessionalism and his weight is a disgrace.

He is 36 and has scored 3 league goals in a season.
Point taken. I was thinking that he was about 34. And was only thinking as cover , for one season. One season. But point taken.
That’s why I’m not a manager. Please ignore me , when I suggest bringing the Yak back . Or suggest putting in a cheeky bid for Clive Allen. What’s Tony Cottee doing these days.
TBH , who knows who to bring in. We ain’t getting a Haaland type forward . So whoever we do get , will be a risk. I do like that guy from Celtic though . I think his name is Furuhashi. Seems a decent target man , imo.

Boulaye Dia on loan at Salernitana is going to be signed from Villereal.

They would then accept 30mil euros for him and apparently are interested in Maupay who we value at 12mil euros.

If were able to do the deal for Dia at £15mil + Maupay that would be an enormous upgrade.

5 years ago Morelos would’ve been the perfect Everton striker but the guys a complete waster.

Every manager he’s had has dropped him for unprofessionalism and his weight is a disgrace.
Point taken. I’m dwelling in the past . He wasn’t that bad , when he first signed for Rangers. And he did break into the Colombia squad. But , point taken. Won’t be mentioning Morelos again.
Note to oneself , don’t be harbouring on about players that were decent a few years back. It’s now that counts. So point taken folks . Up the Toffees.

The best that we can hope for is that Dyche and Thelwell are informed asap what the available funds are. Thereafter , they need to be given total freedom over recruitment as they are the professionals. There should be absolutely no interference or involvement of our owner , or especially our "beloved" Chairman

Since when did Vardy become dreadful. And , ok, I’m going off the idea of Morelos. It was never happening anyhow.

….3 goals in 37 league games shows his decline. He’s 37 in January, will want a big bucks contract and at that age injuries will creep in. Regardless, we tend not to play in behind teams which was Vardy’s strength some years ago. He won’t play against Keane playing for us & his wife is a liability.

Its an awful shout.

Last edited: