Summer transfer window 2023

Curious that the Almería chairman referenced "new owners" here in his statement about negotiations for Toure earlier - wonder are they actively involved.
It is curious. I'd be very surprised if they were pushing a specific transfer though. If they were, it would mean Thelwell and Dyche may be pushed aside again. Whether or not it would be a good deal, I wouldn't welcome MSP interference like that. They can put up some money for transfers and have my thanks for doing that alone. I'd say this is just a bit of fun on Almeria's Chairman's part.

All these Chelsea players on 8 year contracts will be on massive wages. When they turn out to be turd they will not be able to shift them without making massive FFP losses.
The aim right now is to get through the next 24 months when FFP and P&S will be wiped across the board when they realise Saudi interference makes it unworkable at the top table

Fact is we're no closer to signing anyone than 12 months ago

All the freebies are waiting to get better offers and all the ones with value prefer elsewhere not surprisingly

Chicken has come home to roast sorry roost

Okay wow. I did not know that. Genuine thanks for the explanation.
What a poor way of organising it though. I know there's many flaws in FFP rules, but this just opens up clubs to manipulate the rules. Villa fan, your make a fairer point now knowing this.
That is all true, but our problem isn't FFP rules, it's the PL profit and loss rules. Which isn't concerned with amortisation and only looks at the bottom line each year with a cumulative £105m loss over a three year period the maximum permissible loss. We are still way over that but may be underneath the limit again next year depending on what happens this summer.

yeah saw that, absolute sharks Chelsea! Cant blame em tho I guess we would do same if we had any cash to spend!
All clubs will push the rules as far as they can and will try and exploit loopholes e.g. Villa selling the ground to themselves. Interestingly no other clubs have offered an 8 year contract. It is not because they didn't think of it, it is because they believe it is a really stupid thing to do as it has massive risk and is creating a potential monster of a problem in a few years time

Isn't it a maximum of 5 years now that you can spread the fee over? Think they clamped down after Chelsea did those eight year ones.
Yes, UEFA said those rules would be in place soon, though not sure if they have been officially enacted yet and UEFA hasnt issued a statement. Pretty much going forward contracts will just go back to the 5 year max.

That is all true, but our problem isn't FFP rules, it's the PL profit and loss rules. Which isn't concerned with amortisation and only looks at the bottom line each year with a cumulative £105m loss over a three year period the maximum permissible loss. We are still way over that but may be underneath the limit again next year depending on what happens this summer.
PL Profit & Sustainability and FFP treat amortisation the same way in relation to calculating compliance. Amortisatoin is a big issue for Everton and every other PL club. the key difference between PL Profit and Sustainability and FFP is the treatment of player wages, transfer fees, and agent fees in relation to the club's revenue. From 2025 the amount spent on those 3 cannot exceed 70% of revenue. The transfer fee amount used in the calculation is the amortisation amount

Amortization goes into how PL profit and loss is calculated. That's the method by which any asset is properly depreciated.

There are certainly differences in the rules. Our new stadium costs are excluded under present (and future) FFP rules, but not the Prem's. The allowable aggregate loss by the Prem is also larger. The broader problem is that we can't spend beyond any cashflow deficit the club cannot finance, within Prem rules on ownership investment. Moshiri's willingness to cover that has also been key. This is likely why he is seeking outside investment.