Summer transfer window 2023

Hudson odoi wants out of Chelsea. Would have him at everton.
My pal is the GK coach at Chelsea and has always stated Hudson Odoi is one of the best youngsters he has seen come through at Chelsea, but he also said the whole transfer issue with Bayern a few years back 100% set him back, I think it was a loan with an option to purchase at 70m.

10 wins, 8 or so draws. Doesn't sound easy to me. I have never gone into a new season believing this before....always, deluded as it has been at times, believed we would make it into the top half.
Impossible to know how our season will go even before we know what players we will have for the upcoming season but after Dyche arrived we did average greater than a point a game even though he had a very difficult set of games.
If we just get the same average over a full season then that would give us over 40 points.

My pal is the GK coach at Chelsea and has always stated Hudson Odoi is one of the best youngsters he has seen come through at Chelsea, but he also said the whole transfer issue with Bayern a few years back 100% set him back, I think it was a loan with an option to purchase at 70m.
Even if we could afford him it would have to be a no, wouldn't it? Forward players who offer practically zero goal aren't the answer to our prayers

How come there are €40m. Thought the Gordon and Kean money had gone towards to the stadium.
The money from the sale will be set against losses, how the money is spent is a different question.

My understanding is that we can book the sales of Gordon and Kean in one year but that if we buy a player the cost is spread over the life of the contract. Chelsea used this to good effect in January by giving seven and eight year contracts to their new signings.

Our wages will probably be further reduced this set of accounts as the higher earning players leave or in some cases went out on loan.

This will happen again in season 23/24 when Alli, Gomes,Gbamin finally leave, this may even happen this window if we are lucky.

However, the big prize is staying in the Premiership, we have had two narrow escapes we may not be so lucky next time.
Relegation would devalue the asset by possibly hundreds of millions so money will be spent on players to avoid that scenario .
Our biggest issues with our finances are historic at this stage(even though that may come back to bite us yet.

Our squad is now quite small, the deadwood has been whittled down to three or four players, maybe less by the end of the window.

I would guess our wages to turnover must have improved a lot in the last accounts.

Impossible to know how our season will go even before we know what players we will have for the upcoming season but after Dyche arrived we did average greater than a point a game even though he had a very difficult set of games.
If we just get the same average over a full season then that would give us over 40 points.
In a way that's what I meant...the season will be a slog, a difficult path to survival. That's not how I like to feel before a ball is kicked. Normally....and I go back a long way....I'm convinced we're going to do OK. As you say we don't know who is leaving for certain and we will bring in a couple so maybe things won't look so bleak come August