Summer transfer window 2023

I Posted before...

France: Just under 1 goal/assist every 2 games.

Spain: Just over 1 goal/assist every 2 games.

If those are "diabolical" for 2 small clubs, i'll have whatever youre drinking.

21 year old kid who is rapid and can also play off the wings.

David delivered in Belgium + France
El Bilal Toure; in France + Spain
Wahi: in France
Balogun: In France

The negative is the 2 injuries hes had but he came back and performed once recovered.
Do you rate Dia? I think he’s a better prospect and surely available for similar numbers? Interested why he’s not made the list?

The most heavily linked players seem to be Rodrigo, Piroe and El Bilal. Those three would actually make sense as they can play in multiple spots and Rodrigo eases the burden of settling in a bit for the younger guys. Could see all three coming.

Surprised we’ve not been linked with Matt Doherty to be honest. Fine, free, cheap right back cover especially with Seamus recovering. Can be deployed further up or centrally too in a pinch.

If Holgate left I’d get him in on a 12 month deal at least.
He can’t operate in a 442

I Posted before...

The negative is the 2 injuries hes had but he came back and performed once recovered.

None of them have been relegated from the Premier League, therefore have no Premier League experience.

So we won't be signing any of them.

Italian media quoting a Salernitana director as saying Boulaye Dia has a 25mil EUR / £21.5mil release clause.

If we could bring in El Bilal Toure....then sell Gray + Simms and sign Dia we'd have transformed our forward line.
Wont be dia aswell will be a free/ low price like rodrigo. Looks like the toure deal we will be trying to structure it like the onana deal, i am happy with it as it looks like is a kt target

I Posted before...

I don't dislike the player he clearly has a high ceiling but for that money id just rather someone who has scored a few more goals that's all.

The most heavily linked players seem to be Rodrigo, Piroe and El Bilal. Those three would actually make sense as they can play in multiple spots and Rodrigo eases the burden of settling in a bit for the younger guys. Could see all three coming.
We will never sign all three, and I'd bite your hand off for two... but, IF we were to bring in 2 strikers, and give Dom a chance to get his body/head back in shape properly, I can see us building him up to either punt him next summer, or sell on one of Piroe/Bilal if they come good and bring Dom back in as our no9.

Do you rate Dia? I think he’s a better prospect and surely available for similar numbers? Interested why he’s not made the list?

Hes top quality, but in my thinking was the spine...

E.g
CB: Branthwaite (21)
CM: Onana (21) / Garner (22)
CF: Toure (21)

When Mourinho joins a new team he always improves the spine. We dont have the luxury of huge funds for ready made superstars but if all 4 players develop to their potential and Branthwaite/Toure transfer their form from overseas we'd potentially have a extremely valuable top notch spine

Thats something to build upon along with other u23 we have. We need a new team to be built.

Having said that, at 26 Dia would clearly be a ready made quality signing but doesnt have the rapid pace i was hoping for as a first forward signing. I think we lack that up top as a counter attacking side.

I wonder if we wont bring in Dia also (after sales) and move Toure wide right.

Oh good, Zats woke up

Its 140am and im close to crowning you the forum clown.

@ForeverBlue92 thoughts ?

Wont be dia aswell will be a free/ low price like rodrigo. Looks like the toure deal we will be trying to structure it like the onana deal, i am happy with it as it looks like is a kt target

If we had the money this summer as several January offers indicated (Sarr/Gallagher) and that is being used for El Bilal Toure.

Then Nkounkou + Stones clause = £4.2mil.

I would guess Gray+Simms are both off to add to the pot...as well as more fringe players or donleys.

If so then perhaps £21.5mil for Dia would be doable?

Also the Brennan Johnson links werent too long ago....I wonder if Toure could be being earmarked for the right wing role after we were priced out for Johnson.

I don't dislike the player he clearly has a high ceiling but for that money id just rather someone who has scored a few more goals that's all.

I get it...as I posted earlier, if we splashed out on Balogun (who i like) hes only delievered in France for the same Reims side of course...but that could appear to be a bigger risk.

This is also something why im thinking Toure could be interesting for right wing and were still going to bring in a new central player. Because, surely Balogun seems to be the more 'logical' option.

But Thelwell must have been tracking toure 2 years already so (as with Onana) must see high potential.

So the plan may be something like this?

Rodrigo for 3m
Piroe for Simms + fee
Toure for 34m in instalments

Rodrigo and Piroe competing for the role of second striker
Toure taking over the spot of DCL because he cannot stay healthy

McNeil LM
Iwobi RM
Selling Gray to buy likes of Gnonto and Summerville/Harrison as depth wingers

Onana will probably have to go to fund this. Then we will also need to bring in Onana's replacement as well as a left-back to compete with Mykolenko. A better CB or an extra CM would be a decent surprise, but we may be ok with Branthwaite and Warrington.

This would be quite a decent upgrade over what we had last year

So the plan may be something like this?

Rodrigo for 3m
Piroe for Simms + fee
Toure for 34m in instalments

Rodrigo and Piroe competing for the role of second striker
Toure taking over the spot of DCL because he cannot stay healthy

McNeil LM
Iwobi RM
Selling Gray to buy likes of Gnonto and Summerville/Harrison as depth wingers

Onana will probably have to go to fund this. Then we will also need to bring in Onana's replacement as well as a left-back to compete with Mykolenko. A better CB or an extra CM would be a decent surprise, but we may be ok with Branthwaite and Warrington.

This would be quite a decent upgrade over what we had last year

Id be furious if that happened.