Summer transfer window 2023

So use a youth team player in that role, let them train with the first team squad, experience match day. If they're not playing anyway, who cares?

I don't know why you're firing all these questions at me, I don't work in football.

If all PL clubs do this, send an email to them all asking why.

Many more things to get confused about at Everton than this.

I'd say Iwobi is a CAM. CM is currently our healthiest spot.

We need 1 other wide player, 3 players for 2 wide positions and Iwobi as back up will suffice.

Coleman will be back so we just need another left-back for the full-back areas.

Honestly, we only need 1 CB, and hope to move on any 2 from Godfrey / Holgate / Keane.

We know Maupay is off, so we will get at least 1 forward in. I don't really rate Simms so I'm hoping we can move him on, ideally we'd get a target man and a more dynamic forward to compliment. I don't think anyone will offer a goo fee for DC-L so he stays. But that's a bonus really, as if he is fit then he's a great option.

1 LB
1 CB
1 Winger
2 Forwards

It's not as bad as it seems
I appreciate the positivity.

However, given there are only 4 consistent and reliable contributors in the squad, I find it unlikely that we will find 5 more in one window.

I would instead focus signings on addressing the 2 most critical needs.

Given we conceded 57 goals this past season, 13th among premier league squads and that we scored only 34, 19th amongst premier league squads; I would recommend the focus be more on attack.

I'd go all in on signing a CF and RM. They don't need to be world class or big names. If they can have the availability and consistency of a James Tarkowski, I'd be made up.

I would like to see a consistent 11, and a squad much less devoured by injuries.

Get a CF that can provide strong and consistent hold up play that can give our defense relief. This should result in more possession and less goals conceded.

Get a RM that has any level of delivery and we could actually attack from that side again. I simply cannot bear another season of Iwobi(nho) dribbling through the opposition defense on the right, only to give it away without a threat on goal Every Single Time, because the lad simply can't cross.

The goal should be simple. Finish mid table by:
1. Maintaining more possession and turning the ball over less in transition.
2. Creating more genuine attempts on goal by getting quality delivery from both sides of the pitch to an actual CF.

We're 100% signing Ross Barkley by the way, the depressing thing is he actually improves us too. Club is skint and yet will still probably throw £75k a week at him, as if any other club would touch him with a 10 ft pole at this point.

Keeping Lonergan round is just proper weird. Your third choice keeper should be a young lad, and we’ve also got Virginia knocking around. We clearly need to sign a decent backup as if Pickford gets injured Lonergan won’t be playing will he. Can’t see the sense in it.

Keeping Lonergan round is just proper weird. Your third choice keeper should be a young lad, and we’ve also got Virginia knocking around. We clearly need to sign a decent backup as if Pickford gets injured Lonergan won’t be playing will he. Can’t see the sense in it.

Right now we have

1st Pickford
2nd Virginia
3rd Lonergan
4th Crellin

We need a new number 2 but then we might also sell Virginia. If we don't sign another number 2 then the contract makes more sense.

Billy Crellin is a very bad goalkeeper even has 3rd choice.

Don’t get this at all. Virgina is coming back. Doubt he can be no.2. Lonergan clearly not a no.2 keeper as well.

Right now we have

1st Pickford
2nd Virginia
3rd Lonergan
4th Crellin

We need a new number 2 but then we might also sell Virginia. If we don't sign another number 2 then the contract makes more sense.

I know nothing of Crellin and people on here who’ve seen Virginia say he’s mince so will probably leave too.

I suppose if we don’t want to stunt the growth of a Tyrer then it just about makes sense to keep him if we punt the other two listed above.

Right now we have

1st Pickford
2nd Virginia
3rd Lonergan
4th Crellin

Iversen from Leicester would be good cover for Pickford. Not sure how much they'd want for him.

Ben Foster's videos are a good watch for anyone wondering what the role of number 2/3 goalkeepers involve. To put it simply they are more than just backups in case the #1 gets injured and do alot of different things that GK coaches can't/don't do. Small things like staying behind after training to help forwards with shooting practice, working with and mentoring lads in the academy teams etc.

He is obviously quite highly thought of at the club otherwise they wouldn't have offered him a contract. Plus we can offer him a coaching pathway whilst at the club which is beneficial for both parties.