Summer transfer window 2023

they really aren't,

balls into the final 1/3: Alex Iwobi 134, Dwight McNeil 45, Jack Harrison 57
progressive passes: Alex Iwobi 194, Dwight McNeil 69, Jack Harrison 103
key passes: Alex Iwobi 64, Dwight McNeil 49, Jack Harrison 53
completed passes: Alex Iwobi 75% Dwight McNeil 66% Jack Harrison 63%
carries/runs into the final 1/3: Alex Iwobi 1169, Dwight McNeil 738, Jack Harrison 959

As everyone says he does fall down on crossing and goals but he isn't a wide player imo but saying he isn't creative like some on here do just simply isn't true. One of the more alarming things with him is he has over a 50% tackle win rate (which is more than the likes of McNeil or Doucoure) puts to bed the idea he doesn't tackle.
I like many must watch a different game when he's playing as those stats seem hard to believe when you are actually there watching the game, for me he hardley ever gets it passed the fist defender

Can't sell Iwobi this late into the window. We don't replace quick enough.
Partially agree, but we also don't want him to walk for free, and he doesn't seem to want to sign a contract.
I would sell and try to bring in a replacement, if we can't, Danjuma can play behind the striker or on the wing where Iwobi usually ends up.

Partially agree, but we also don't want him to walk for free, and he doesn't seem to want to sign a contract.
I would sell and try to bring in a replacement, if we can't, Danjuma can play behind the striker or on the wing where Iwobi usually ends up.
Let's say you can get 15-20m, which is being very generous.

Unless that is immediately re-invested, I'd rather have Iwobi for the season. 15-20m will do SFA if we're relegated and I do not trust us to re-invest it in time.

No sell for me. Even if he walks next year.

they really aren't,

balls into the final 1/3: Alex Iwobi 134, Dwight McNeil 45, Jack Harrison 57
progressive passes: Alex Iwobi 194, Dwight McNeil 69, Jack Harrison 103
key passes: Alex Iwobi 64, Dwight McNeil 49, Jack Harrison 53
completed passes: Alex Iwobi 75% Dwight McNeil 66% Jack Harrison 63%
carries/runs into the final 1/3: Alex Iwobi 1169, Dwight McNeil 738, Jack Harrison 959

As everyone says he does fall down on crossing and goals but he isn't a wide player imo but saying he isn't creative like some on here do just simply isn't true. One of the more alarming things with him is he has over a 50% tackle win rate (which is more than the likes of McNeil or Doucoure) puts to bed the idea he doesn't tackle.

I mean, McNeil scored more last season than Iwobi has in his Everton career. I believe goals are still more important than FIFA stats for some people.

This is.my thinking. If we do sell, I'm not convinced we will bring a direct replacement in. We have Harrison and Danjuma who can both play right forward. Plus at worse case scenario we have Young who could probs fill in.
But knowing us, we would put Coleman on at RB and move Patterson up.

I like many must watch a different game when he's playing as those stats seem hard to believe when you are actually there watching the game, for me he hardley ever gets it passed the fist defender
Yes, it shows how our prejudice colours what we see as opposed to what's really happening. I've never seen Gueye have a decent game, for example, but I know that's because I can't stand him not because he can't play football

We need 3 more in or forget it.

After the next 3 games in the PL we'll be 6 losses and struggling to get safe by May.

We need another CF, CB and CM...and a FB if possible.
Why the hell do we need another CF?

We have bought 2 this window, plus Danjuma, who could play there at a pinch and, no, im not gonna say it.

We have 2 Strikers, with 4 others we can call on, potentially.

We do not need another CF.

Maybe a Forward, yes, certainly a creative midfielder.

Anything else would be dreamland.

Why the hell do we need another CF?

We have bought 2 this window, plus Danjuma, who could play there at a pinch and, no, im not gonna say it.

We have 2 Strikers, with 4 others we can call on, potentially.

We do not need another CF.

Maybe a Forward, yes, certainly a creative midfielder.

Anything else would be dreamland.
DCL is finished
Maupay never started
Danjuma is more of a wide striker
Beto is our only out and out forward.

Get Ings in and I'd be relatively happy up front.

Still done more than a few others in the team. Doesn’t hide and puts in a shift, not his biggest fan but he’s deffo not the worst we have.
I agree he puts in a shift. I dont think hes good enough technically, hes clumsy on the ball, passing 1-2 metres is awful and he cant cross( but nobody can cross a ball at everton)…

Let's say you can get 15-20m, which is being very generous.

Unless that is immediately re-invested, I'd rather have Iwobi for the season. 15-20m will do SFA if we're relegated and I do not trust us to re-invest it in time.

No sell for me. Even if he walks next year.
You simply cannot turn down 15m for Iwobi at this stage in his contract. Especially when he’s currently injured for a few weeks and going to AFCON in January.

You wouldn’t pay 15m for not even a full season of Iwobi so why would you turn it down? I know what you mean about replacing him quickly but EVEN if all you did with the money was spend 10m of it for a full season of Dele and keep 5m for January it’s arguably it might be a better move (although I don’t advocate for this).