Summer transfer window 2023

This. Chelsea have given most of their signings a 9 year contract. It’s a very smart move on there end because they don’t ever seem to have a problem selling there players if they don’t work out either.
Totally agree. I bet they would have no problem selling Gomes etc. As some clubs seem to get hard based on the club they have bought from.

This. Chelsea have given most of their signings a 9 year contract. It’s a very smart move on there end because they don’t ever seem to have a problem selling there players if they don’t work out either.
Yes and no, imagine having Michael Keane on a long term contract and crazy pay or a gbamin, oh wait 😂

I agree with you on a lot of things when it comes to players mate, but people are unduly harsh on Gana. His numbers are still good.

Would like to phase him out, but he's worth keeping around until his contract ends. Be very handy off the bench for closing out games etc.

Depends if we could get a high potential replacement...agree with you about closing games out but hes really looked off the pace imo...and in a 2 he needs to be a far better passer

Che Adams....honestly reckon he'll be a popular player for us if he signs and people allow themselves to look past the stigma about him and actually watch him play.
He'll work his arse off for the team and score a few too. He will likely not get double figures - but even adding 7 or 8 goals a season to this team will be a huge upgrade. With Chermiti coming in for the longer term, I reckon it will be a decen bit of business, and light years ahead of our options from last season.

People need to chill a bit.
Reminds me of Marcus Bent....and that will do for me.

Che Adams....honestly reckon he'll be a popular player for us if he signs and people allow themselves to look past the stigma about him and actually watch him play.
He'll work his arse off for the team and score a few too. He will likely not get double figures - but even adding 7 or 8 goals a season to this team will be a huge upgrade. With Chermiti coming in for the longer term, I reckon it will be a decen bit of business, and light years ahead of our options from last season.

People need to chill a bit.
Lets see what the Southampton fans think :

Is Everton bound, according to rumours doing the rounds. He’s not very good is he, according to most on here anyway. But is he an upgrade on the woeful Maupay?

He has his qualities, but I like my forwards to be able to score goals....which he can't.

Definitely an upgrade on Maupay but Sean Dyche likes his strikers to be physical and unsettle defenders, get on the end of crosses etc. To me, Adams always disappointed in that regard. I can't see him being a regular starter if Calvert Lewin is fit. Maybe Dyche will develop him.

I'd say Maupay and Adams are almost identical:
Neal Maupay has scored 27 goals in 129 Premier League games
Che Adams has scored 25 goals in 124 Premier League games
Both of them are getting worse too so I wouldn't be too optimistic about either of their futures. Everton seems to be a bit of a graveyard for ex-Saints players.

Che has a strike rate of about 5 goals per season, he can’t beat the keeper one on one, he’s no good in the air, he’s got no pace, his positional play is awful, he can’t take a defender on, he can’t score an open goal unchallenged from 30cm but apart from that he’s brilliant and Everton should definitely buy him

His best position is playing for the oppostion so you don't have to worry about them scoring. What a brilliant strike partnership Adams and Armstrong would be to play against every week. Better still, if they had McCarthy in goal as well. We'd never lose.

They seem gutted to see him leave.

Is Everton bound, according to rumours doing the rounds. He’s not very good is he, according to most on here anyway. But is he an upgrade on the woeful Maupay?

He has his qualities, but I like my forwards to be able to score goals....which he can't.

Definitely an upgrade on Maupay but Sean Dyche likes his strikers to be physical and unsettle defenders, get on the end of crosses etc. To me, Adams always disappointed in that regard. I can't see him being a regular starter if Calvert Lewin is fit. Maybe Dyche will develop him.

Both of them are getting worse too so I wouldn't be too optimistic about either of their futures. Everton seems to be a bit of a graveyard for ex-Saints players.

Che has a strike rate of about 5 goals per season, he can’t beat the keeper one on one, he’s no good in the air, he’s got no pace, his positional play is awful, he can’t take a defender on, he can’t score an open goal unchallenged from 30cm but apart from that he’s brilliant and Everton should definitely buy him

His best position is playing for the oppostion so you don't have to worry about them scoring. What a brilliant strike partnership Adams and Armstrong would be to play against every week. Better still, if they had McCarthy in goal as well. We'd never lose.

Boggles my tiny little mind this lad is all Thelwell can find on the planet for £15m.

For the blues who are saying they want him: If one of our rivals (Sheff Utd/Luton) bought Adams for £15m, would you be saying it’s a good signing?

And as we all know people on football club forums are never wrong.