Summer transfer window 2023

He is no longer having the same impact….market value is very much dependent on performances and results….he is coming off the back of a season where he has not been a highly valued contributor to performances which has led to his team’s relegation. A lowish salary doesn’t mean £20k a week but possibly around £50-60k per week. Yes it’s a big drop but only if we can afford it and if he says yes….if he says no. Fine.
Right, but the point is he’s under contract for another season at 140k. He’s not a free agent. So why would he accept a massive pay cut?

Right, but the point is he’s under contract for another season at 140k. He’s not a free agent. So why would he accept a massive pay cut?
Leicester will want rid being in the championship - we would have a valuation…we make the offer, if he says no, we don’t waste time, we move on - simple. I doubt we would want him anyway, it just something I would consider/explore

Too bad. I have to think there’s a few younger players from Chelsea that will be available/actually within our ability to sign either on loan or permanently. Sounds like a bit of a clear out summer coming for them with Poch coming in.
Can see him looking at some players just want us to get players in early not just fixed on players most of the window like last year