Summer transfer window 2023

The whole point if Dyche is that he's meant to be the guy who can just about get us through to safety with extremely limited resources. He looks like a stroppy [Poor language removed] who will stand up to the board but we have no evidence that he's not a craven boot licker behind the scenes.
If you listen to his interviews pre season, when asked about players coming in, he basically avoids the question, so he has been well trained by Kenwright.

I have said many times we are absolutely desperate for a striker, the window has been open for a while.
Nothing 1300 pages of nothing

In the words of Bobble on the podcast Dyche told them. "If i dont get this or that then this will be the type of season you will have".

So i dont think Dyche will be happy at all with lack of players coming in and who will blame him.
Woan gave a line to Boyland which was a blatant dig at the board about strengthening the team the other day.

If dyche is happy to go with what he's got then he's a bigger mug than the board are. Propa yes man behaviour that
That much was obvious when he was covering for the board during his first transfer window for us, coming out with pearlers like it's so hard to sign players because they need to be better than what we've already got and we're clearly a squad chock full of world class talent.

Yep, the point being, people in here were making out he'd push hard to get players in. Opposite of what Bobble said. He's said what he needs but is happy to go with what we've got because he's used to it. Very worrying.
Bobble knows as much about what is happening behind the scenes as you or I....... WHICH IS NOTHING.

The only poster that is accurate regarding transfers is tofeenut and he only posts about transfer at the very end of the process.

We don't know which players we are chasing , there are names mentioned and these names are obvious because Leeds were relegated( Gnonto and Harrisson), because Leicester was relegated(Iheanacho) and because we have previously been linked with Sarr who is still stuck in the chamionship.

We do know our resources are scarce and the club is trying to set up deals in a way which stretches our budget as far as possible. We also know there are players we would be happy to sell and their fees will possibly go to incoming transfers. But, all of this means our transfer activity will be slow.

Patience is called for and scepticism about every single negative post.... we don't have to do the same with positive posts because there are none.

Every summer on here has been the same with two exceptions.
1 The year Koeman was throwing money around like confetti
2 When Carlo was appointed.

The whole point if Dyche is that he's meant to be the guy who can just about get us through to safety with extremely limited resources. He looks like a stroppy [Poor language removed] who will stand up to the board but we have no evidence that he's not a craven boot licker behind the scenes.
Yep, that's what I was worried about. Moyes (yes he did a decent job) was a massive Kenwright facilitator and I'm worried we have the same.

There's no point having a manager whonis going to spit their dummy out all the time like Mourinho, or someone who is going to tear the club apart to get a player to take us from 12th to 10th, but this is different.

It seems to me that the club is literally banking on being the 17th best team for the next year, which is unbelievably risky. We've stayed up by the skin of our teeth two years in a row and all it takes is a bad set of injuries/run of form and we are absolutely done for.

I don't care that Dyche is used to it with Burnley. No disrespect to Burnley, but we aren't them - as much as our board and manager are doing their best to make us that way.

I'm also worried that we'll panic buy Dyche-style players like Wood and Che Adams. Football finance experts in the press think it will take 5 years for us to get on an even keel. If we buy crap players with no resale value just to keep our head above water, it will still catch up with us eventually, only it will be worse as we will have zero assets. We have an old squad, Iwobi, Doucoure, Coleman and more (no matter what you think of them) out of contract next year too. It's just appalling really.

Yep, the point being, people in here were making out he'd push hard to get players in. Opposite of what Bobble said. He's said what he needs but is happy to go with what we've got because he's used to it. Very worrying.
I agree with the other points mate, but he did not say he was happy with what we have got. Maybe re listen.

He's getting on with his job.

He's letting others do there's. If they drop the ball, it's not his fault and he'll crack on without whinging

Bobble knows as much about what is happening behind the scenes as you or I....... WHICH IS NOTHING.

The only poster that is accurate regarding transfers is tofeenut and he only posts about transfer at the very end of the process.

We don't know which players we are chasing , there are names mentioned and these names are obvious because Leeds were relegated( Gnonto and Harrisson), because Leicester was relegated(Iheanacho) and because we have previously been linked with Sarr who is still stuck in the chamionship.

We do know our resources are scarce and the club is trying to set up deals in a way which stretches our budget as far as possible. We also know there are players we would be happy to sell and their fees will possibly go to incoming transfers. But, all of this means our transfer activity will be slow.

Patience is called for and scepticism about every single negative post.... we don't have to do the same with positive posts because there are none.

Every summer on here has been the same with two exceptions.
1 The year Koeman was throwing money around like confetti
2 When Carlo was appointed.
Come on mate. You may not like him, but it is disingenuous to say he knows as much as any other posters. Journalists even get their info from him. Yeah, he won't know everything, but come on!

Yep, that's what I was worried about. Moyes (yes he did a decent job) was a massive Kenwright facilitator and I'm worried we have the same.

There's no point having a manager whonis going to spit their dummy out all the time like Mourinho, or someone who is going to tear the club apart to get a player to take us from 12th to 10th, but this is different.

It seems to me that the club is literally banking on being the 17th best team for the next year, which is unbelievably risky. We've stayed up by the skin of our teeth two years in a row and all it takes is a bad set of injuries/run of form and we are absolutely done for.

I don't care that Dyche is used to it with Burnley. No disrespect to Burnley, but we aren't them - as much as our board and manager are doing their best to make us that way.

I'm also worried that we'll panic buy Dyche-style players like Wood and Che Adams. Football finance experts in the press think it will take 5 years for us to get on an even keel. If we buy crap players with no resale value just to keep our head above water, it will still catch up with us eventually, only it will be worse as we will have zero assets. We have an old squad, Iwobi, Doucoure, Coleman and more (no matter what you think of them) out of contract next year too. It's just appalling really.

Thelwells job.

I'm not a fan but what choice does he have?
That all depends on what he was promised when he took the job. If he was promised money to spend and the club are messing about then he doesn't realistically have to put up with any of it. He has just had a £3.5m payoff for keeping the club up so isn't going to be short of cash, why put yourself through that stress?

Right, don't shoot the messenger here, you can take this however you want but the latest View From the Bullens podcast was one of the most depressing listens I have ever heard. Won't list everything they said, but some lowlights are:
- nothing to El Bilal Toure. No talks, nothing. Just scouted him.
- An overall budget of £25-30m without further sales.
- Putting everything into Elanga, relying on Utd doing us a favour, but Utd want more money than we are prepared to pay. Forest in now.
- Club have record lows in terms of cashflow within the business - worst ever apparently.
- Need almost all budget to go to stadium.
- Dyche happy to work with lack of players coming in. Not rocking the boat, as he is used to it.

Also learnt that the recruitment team did not recommend Mykolenko, Benitez just signed him as he liked him.

A genuinely awful situation.
It's only a genuinely awful situation if you want to believe them.

I don't believe them.