Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Silva is accounting and explaining the summer window. The job of the DoF, but he's gone missing.

It's in the local rag but I'm not linking it and I'd recommend others dont either if the ban is to hold.

At least Silva is accounting and explaining the summer window. The job of the DoF, but he's gone missing.

Last summer:

Brands needs now to step away from the limelight and allow the manager of this club to stamp HIS identity on the club.

You cant run a successful club with a manager in the dugout looking like he's rolling out another man's plan. Not possible. Players sense it and will show no mercy for weakling managers. They respect only strong men.

This is why I hope that'll be the last we hear of Brands for a long time.

He's done his "victory" roll today. Now he needs to STFU again and back off into his office preparing more departures and planning for January. That's his job. That alone.

:coffee:

It's in the local rag but I'm not linking it and I'd recommend others dont either if the ban is to hold.

Why go on and read it in the first place then?

Reading the thread on player nicknames before it was locked made me realise what a chaotic and uncoordinated window our management allowed us to endure. The thread on nicknames mentioned Dixie Digne, and pointed out you could use 'Dixie' in relation to Keane and at a pinch Kean.

Clearly our transfer policy should have been aimed at acquiring players whose surname would allow the nickname 'Dixie', eg Dean, Stein and maybe a few more Keans. This would make things much easier for fans (only have to compose a single chant if it had 'Dixie' in it, if your eyes aren't what they were, you could just shout 'Come on Dixie' whenever a blue shirt had the ball and you'd always be right). Equally, this transfer policy would confuse the opposition when our players shout, 'Dixie, don't give it to Dixie, cross to Dixie instead'.

Why aren't our management as clever as wot I am?

Last summer:

:coffee:
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.