Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

First of all, making it look/sound like I'm flapping is disingenuous. I'm not happy, but that is basically my default position with Everton. You know we will always do something to disappoint, it's the Everton way, and why I try not to let myself get excited by anything.

But other than Kean, which I already said in my 1st post, I genuinely don't see any reason for the positivity some have. I think people are trying to be all cool and Zen over what is a massive missed opportunity.

The squad improvements you mention boil down to Kean. Gomes we had last year, and he did OK, but hardly pulled any trees. I'm glad we signed him, but hoping for more this season. Gbamin and Delph replace Gueye, Mccarthy and possibly Schneiderlin but 1 of them is injured, and the other 1 is also our cover for Centre half.

We have sold Lookman and not replaced him, regardless of how many games he played or didn't play, and we have possibly improved our RB cover by sending 1 out on loan and bringing another in on loan.

I really hope Kean settles and becomes the player we hope, but the worry is, without any other reinforcements, a lot of pressure will be put on his shoulders, and you know what it can be like if he doesn't hit the ground running.

The fact that we broke even is neither here nor there.
Ok mate

Go and sulk if it makes you happy. After the Iwobi news I'm more than happy with the business we've done this window and neither you, or any other cryarse on here, is going to spoil it for me.

Looking forward to the season. Things are on the up at Everton and I'm excited and looking forward to watching some good attacking togger next year.

What you do is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.