• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how you can say that.
I had hoped for players in today which would have made the window spectacular, but as it stands now I think it is solid.

Losses :
Gueye
Zouma

Gains :
Delph
Kean
Sidibe
Gbamin

How can you have Zouma as a loss when he wasn't even ours. Then not have Gomes listed as a gain when we made that permanent ?

I think part of the bed wetting/fume is down to the belief that Brands was in complete control. Today makes it obvious that is not the case.

Losing out on the Chelsea center halves and Zaha is completely understandable. Stuff happens (Luiz) and you can't force people to do what you want (Palace).

Still the lack of an actionable plan B (or the time to put a plan B into action) for significant areas of need has let some of the air out of the Brands balloon for more than a few.

Understandable.

Bang on.

I’m sorry but anyone saying this is a decent window is completely wrong

I’m not bothered about Zaha. He was never leaving London.

What I don’t like is the fact that we lost two top players in Gana and Zouma and replaced them with an unproven kid and - injury prone 29 year old.

We have to remember though we are severely hamstrung by the likes of Bolasie, Walcott, Tosun, Mirallas and Niasse sucking the life out of the club. Hopefully we can get rid of at least 1-2 of these before the continental window shuts.

Well in hindsight it turned out that things went Tits up after that window yeah.

But I just don’t see the point in bed wetting whatever the scenario really, it doesn’t achieve anything does it?

We’re all evertonians and we all want the best for our club but what is the point supporting us if you’re just gonna [Poor language removed] everyone at the club off and call us disgraces etc and be negative about everything. We have a hard enough time defending the club from outsiders without our own fans branding us a laughing stock etc.

And then there’s the conspiracy theorists who think that we could improve the team but we just don’t (for whatever’s reason)

All about opinions of course but I just think if you can’t be positive or at least try to find positives about your club then what is the point?
Not forgetting 'frauds and cowards'. Bide your time.

Unless something happens now in the next 45mins ...well 2 things

1. We look like a club who could,nt make the jump to put the dough down to make the signings we needed to crack the top 6.
2. Why did we not explore loan options all summer???

We are a couple of injury's in key positions then it will all show up in performances and results.

8-10 finish for us again.

We are weaker at centre half and weaker on the wing.
To improve you need to improve in all positions..

We’re not weaker on the wing.

The window isn’t closed yet

If it does close like this - we’re weaker at CB assuming Mina Gibson or Holgate don’t step up

We’re way stronger up front

I'm tempted to say that Brands and Silva obviously don't believe that anyone else other than Zaha can improve the RW situation at the club - and I can't help but agree.

Walcott is still a good footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.