Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don’t believe this bid of £70m plus two players. I think more realistically Palace have set a fee for Zaha (£80m) but they’ve also identified two of our players as their own targets.
I think CP will agree fees for McCarthy (£8m) and Tosun (£12m, just a guess). Then they can report they sold Zaha for their full asking price of £80m, but for Everton it would be more like £60m. I’m guessing CP would want the majority of that up front too.

Palace have insisted the price is 80m since Arsenal were first interested. Don't see why thy should drop the price, I certainly wouldn't want Everton to. Pay the money or move on to plan B

Ok. Enough now. This surely was our final offer and let’s be honest a fair one, £10 million off their asking price and players than easily push it past the 80 mark. I like Zaha I really do but this is it now. Move on.
Why are we continuing to target players (Zaha, Doucoure) that we’ve been told categorically no?
I’d be honestly disgusted if we paid any more that £70 for Zaha now - I know we’re rich but we’re not City here let’s be smart
Plan Bs please Marcel

While I agree with this I think it absolute bs. I don't believe sky and I don't believe the mail either and there the only two who seem to be pushing this.

For me it just seems like sky are trying their best to push the price up of zaha.

It's the independent that brought this back to the forefront and untill they say differently or someone of the lines of king, hunter or joyce back it up i aint believing it.

That's an obscene bid for Zaha and they still turn it down. Looks like we are all in for him now but the fee is ludicrous. I like the idea of Zaha but I am not desperate enough for us to pay that...

It wasn't our money when they spunked it all up the wall on Williams, Bolasie, Klaassen et al either, but my god did we pay for it.

Yeah, but everyone with a brain could see that apart from Davy, they’re all rubbish players.

With brands he’s only made 1, maybe two mistakes max

Conflicting reports all over the show,
think it's pretty snide from palace though and it may hurt them long-term,
No player is going to want to join them knowing they won't be allowed to move on in the future,
Zaha could well sulk and down tools which would be counter productive,
They may end up going down anyway and lose a fair amount of cash in the process

palace have done nothing wrong really, zaha has just signed a long term contract. Yes, maybe he was guaranteed a couple of things with that contract, but he should have been wise/advised that accepting that extra wage meant palace would have had more bargaining power to sell him for a higher fee, making him less sellable. He's openly admitted he wants to leave to join a CL club, for example, none of those clubs have come in with a good enough offer, therefore palace ain't selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.