Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest mate, I’m just glad we got a centre forward in. Of course we’re going to give the lad time to become accustomed to the premier league, but well informed observers, suggest Everton have got a real talent on their hands. If we got zaha as well, we’ll frankly I wouldn’t believe it. If you’d said at the start of the window we’d potentially have a front 3 of Zaha, Kean and Richarlison I genuinely think you’d gone mad. Let’s see where we are come Thursday afternoon, when we’ll know more.

Agreed mate, I honestly thought that Zaha was going to be the striker for us when we first bid but now that we have Kean and are still going for Zaha shows that we are putting attack first for once.

When Kean was first mentioned in this thread I laughed it off in disbelief - even saying that I'd be surprised if he was available for less than £100m. I watched all of his appearances for Juve when he broke through and I really believe we have a proper talent up top now.

Wonder what Merson thinks of his comments now?
article-1289382-00029FA7000001F4-203_308x185.jpg

where's the deadline day kids with the dildo when you need them

They’re only impressive if we land them. But it is pleasing to see the standard of player linked, compared with 2 seasons ago. Klaassen, Rooney, Sandro.
Although at the time I’m sure I wasnt the only one just as excited about klassen and Sandro as I am with Kean and Gbamin, a lot more faith in silva and brands than Koeman and the P.E teacher!

Agreed mate, I honestly thought that Zaha was going to be the striker for us when we first bid but now that we have Kean and are still going for Zaha shows that we are putting attack first for once.

When Kean was first mentioned in this thread I laughed it off in disbelief - even saying that I'd be surprised if he was available for less than £100m. I watched all of his appearances for Juve when he broke through and I really believe we have a proper talent up top now.
We tightened up at the back towards the end of last season, but two of the other biggest components of that Zouma and Gana have left. What the other top 6 had last year that we so desperately lacked, was a cutting edge in attack. How many games did we endure last year, where we lacked a cutting edge to win games. The derby in both games being two. If we can find the same stability in defence that we found towards the end of last season, there is no doubt with the acquisition of Kean that we can make a really good go of challenging the top 6. If we recruit Zaha as well, I’d go as far to say that only the RS, City and Spurs have a more prolific set of forwards available to them and we should be looking to the top 4.

Although at the time I’m sure I wasnt the only one just as excited about klassen and Sandro as I am with Kean and Gbamin, a lot more faith in silva and brands than Koeman and the P.E teacher!
I’ll be honest I always had doubts if Klaassen could handle the physicality of the Premier League and sadly I was proved right. The warning lights should have been flashing why sandro’s buy out clause was so pitiful.

How exciting is it to be on this side of the transfer window season? Spending top dollar on exciting young prospects.

It wasn’t too long ago I was sitting in my office feeling total despair as we sold Arteta on the last day and spent a total of 6 million on three free transfers, Jelavic and Darren Gibson.

Regardless of who we bring in these last 48 hours, this is a fun buildup to the season

Status
Not open for further replies.