Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll play 4231 in most games, and when we do Siggy will play if he's fit. In some games he may decide to go 433 and Siggy will be a bench option. Think as we add more quality players to the squad you'll see Silva make more use of it.

It would be nice to have an extra quality midfielder in the squad but I do think we have more pressing area's that need sorting first, such as RW, CD and possibly RB.

The thing is, if we play 4-2-3-1, we'd have about £40m of center mid talent on the bench ha

Spurs have shown how having good depth there though is critical, just our luck that we may need schneiderlin to start v Palace.

When Bournemouth spent 20 Million on Ake people on this very forum said they were paying too much and he wasn't worth it

I said it was a shrewd piece of business and that he'd be an excellent signing for them

They could now conceivably sell him for close to four times that and he's played very well for them during his time there

Score one more for Mikey lol lol lol (And @ijjysmith too if we're being fair. He called it also)

He's been at Bournemouth for 2 and a half seasons now and in that time they've conceded 198 goals. He's "worth" £75m because Leicester are the buying club and bagged £80m for their centre half over the weekend.

Bournemouth in any other circumstances would be lucky to double their money.

Prices have just gone absolutely crazy though, £50m is what £15m was just a couple of years ago. Keane has had one awful and one fairly decent season here and yet his price has probably doubled at least in the current market. It's madness.

It is madness but there’s no sign of it stopping. Buy top young players now. Their prices will only go up.

Keane is a great example. Pretty much everyone was complaining that we’d paid too much and now it looks good value. Not necessarily because he’s improved all that much from when he was at Burnley but more because of how the market has gone.

Think it shows the need to look abroad rather than other prem clubs. Marcel will have someone lined up for 15/20m from Europe.

Completely agree, that's where the prices are still generally more 'reasonable' (still a lot compared to a few years ago) and it's best to get the quality players in now. The premier league has gone way over the top now. Look at the Pogba situation, he's stuck.

It is madness but there’s no sign of it stopping. Buy top young players now. Their prices will only go up.

Keane is a great example. Pretty much everyone was complaining that we’d paid too much and now it looks good value. Not necessarily because he’s improved all that much from when he was at Burnley but more because of how the market has gone.
Yeah I know what you mean. I can't help thinking it all has to end sometime though, it's surely not sustainable for this thing to keep spiralling the way it has.

He's been at Bournemouth for 2 and a half seasons now and in that time they've conceded 198 goals. He's "worth" £75m because Leicester are the buying club and bagged £80m for their centre half over the weekend.

Because he's solely at fault for his fellow defenders not carrying their end and his managers near suicidal defensive organisation?

The thing is, if we play 4-2-3-1, we'd have about £40m of center mid talent on the bench ha

Spurs have shown how having good depth there though is critical, just our luck that we may need schneiderlin to start v Palace.

...if a deal is on for Schneiderlin, I can’t see the Palace game stalling it. He could play and make no difference to the result. Indeed, if the reports are true, he’s keen on the move and i’d prefer if he didn’t play with his mind elsewhere and him not wanting to get injured.

Exactly, anyone Leicester go for is gonna have a massively inflated price tag now

Status
Not open for further replies.