Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed quiet a few people saying we're overstocked in Central midfielders... Don't understand this....

Who are these players?....

You mentioned Sneiderlin, Mccarthy, besic here... All championship level players at this point.... Davies, did a whole pile of nothing last season....

Where's our genuine options?...

Gomes, and Gbamin who we don't know much about yet... None of the other 4 give us competition for places, or options from the bench..

We were lacking quality in that area last season, now we've lost Gana aswell...

We need another signing in that position, and Doucoure would improve us...

Opinions not withstanding on the quality of individual players, its doesn't change the fact of their existence but more to the point contracts, wages and their impact. Nor does it alter the fact that if Doucoure comes thats 90 mill on central midfielders, with the knowledge that other areas also need strengthening.

I think its fair that people ask the questions around that, there is no point having a strategy of ignoring the things we dont like and hope they go away.

Last edited:

Interesting for me is if we go to Barca in the last week and pick up a loan of two

Think the Rakatic stuff is pure bs, but for a season loan he'd be perfect - allow us to sign the young Brazilian lad, loan him to Ajax/PSV in january without worryi g we'd be short on numbers

We are in quite a unique (and sweet) position in such deals. Few teams are able to afford the wages of lads who either struggle at the top teams, or alternatively with a new manager are deemed surplus to requirements. It's a position on strength as there are not enough takers for the players. It's a whole new thread but I don't think Walsh really grasped this.

You look at what Brands has done, getting Mina (who without the world Cup would have been 10 million less), Digne, Gomes for what he did (and bear in mind the loan first). Now what he's done to Juventus with Kean, who initially wanted what 40 million with a 50 million release fee etc.

There seems to be a flexibility and calmness to Brands which comes from excellence in the job. He's able to react to events very well. Players who might not have been on the radar a few weeks ago can re-emerge. I imagine thats how Bernard happened.

I would rule nothing out from Barca as well. They've still not sold Dembele or Coutinho have they? It probably won't happen, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Brands came back with one of them at a lower figure than has been reported previously to other clubs.

It's for that reason I also felt, the Costa links, for a season on loan might have had legs as well, but again a whole new story. Think next week could be quite wild.

Wow fantastic to see us actually get a striker! It's been a long wait, but delighted to finally have a proper forward.

Hoping that we get a winger in now... starting to realise just how bad Walcott atcually is

A £32 million bid for Abdoulaye Doucoure from Everton has been rejected, the Watford Observer understands.
Reports in the French media last night claimed the Hornets had spurned the Toffees move for the key midfielder and we have been told these claims are correct.
It has been suggested that the Goodison Park outfit will table a second offer for the 26-year-old, with former Watford boss Marco Silva keen to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes on Thursday.
The Frenchman, who played the full 90 minutes of Watford’s 2-1 pre-season friendly victory over Real Sociedad yesterday, signed a new five-year contract last summer following extensive speculation linking him with a move away from Vicarage Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.