Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zaha does happen, it is reasonable to expect that we are buying 15 Premier League goals for the team for next season over last.

That puts us right in the mix for fourth, never mind sixth.

This Zaha thing is just weird.

Agreed.

But i think it is more to do with players going there.

if we can remove say 2 unwanted players and get Zaha, then the wages remain the same.
Club stated that fees are not the issue, wages are.

So it would make sense if any of Bolasie / Mccarthy / Tosun / Niasse where to go there.

The majority of players improved as the season progressed last season. If Zaha has been identified as a quality addition by Silva/Brands then that is fine with me.

He is a quality player. 60m is a bit steep but in today’s market and the premier league experience will count for a lot.

I hate this pl experience tag. Aguero had no pl experience when he arrived, neither did... Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Salah, Suarez, Coutinho, Zola, Hazard, Drogba, Ferguson, Arteta, Pienaar (first time), Jay Jay Okocha, Campo, Lacazette, Aubamuwhatever ... the list goes on and on.

It means nothing if you’re buying the right player. Except cost, it means buying a worse player because they’re from an English club to mitigate risk that your scouts are dreadful.

Do you think, after last years purchases of foreign players with no pl experience (Gomes, Bernard, Mina, Digne) that our scouts are bad at this?

It's so very quiet. And we need to be very active. Currently weaker squad than last season when we finished 8th. Leicester have improved their squad, West Ham too. Wolves will be even more solid this season.

Currently need a new CM and new ST for the starting XI, and arguably a new CB too, definitely one for the squad.

The feel-good factor is there with the stadium, but hopefully this isn't just to cover up our transfer failings.
Morning mood hoover

It's so very quiet. And we need to be very active. Currently weaker squad than last season when we finished 8th. Leicester have improved their squad, West Ham too. Wolves will be even more solid this season.

Currently need a new CM and new ST for the starting XI, and arguably a new CB too, definitely one for the squad.

The feel-good factor is there with the stadium, but hopefully this isn't just to cover up our transfer failings.

The stadium event will have been planned a long time before this transfer window mate. The timing is in no way connected.

I'd be heartbroken if we signed Zaha for more than Liverpool paid for Salah and Mane combined.

The transfer fees have moved on considerably since those 2 went to the pit.

Still angers me that the fat oaf Koeman came here and at that point Mane and VVD where still Southampton players.

If Zaha can free up more space for Richarlison and Bernard then that is a positive.
I actually thought Salah would flop at the RS. So you cannot always judge a player against past experience.

Lille's president has said they have accepted bids for Pepe from 4 clubs. Possible we are one of them? And Zaha could be the back up plan.

I think Silva sees Richarlison as a centre forward. Bernard-Richarlison-Zaha interchangeable, with Walcott and DCL in reserve.. That's some attacking force, with Gomes slotting through to them. and Siggy picking up at the edge of the box. Wow!! We may still get a replacement for Gueye but Delph can play his role if needed, and with a bit more attacking quality.

Contrary I think Zaha is definitely more CF than Richy. We gave up on Richy as a CF after that miserable run and DCL became established again as memory serves. Zaha (after looking up his stats) has been very successful when playing upfront and has had a full season worth of games in the position.

I hate this pl experience tag. Aguero had no pl experience when he arrived, neither did... Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Salah, Suarez, Coutinho, Zola, Hazard, Drogba, Ferguson, Arteta, Pienaar (first time), Jay Jay Okocha, Campo, Lacazette, Aubamuwhatever ... the list goes on and on.

It means nothing if you’re buying the right player. Except cost, it means buying a worse player because they’re from an English club to mitigate risk that your scouts are dreadful.

Do you think, after last years purchases of foreign players with no pl experience (Gomes, Bernard, Mina, Digne) that our scouts are bad at this?

Digne was the best player last season. arguably the best LB in the league too.
You don't need PL experience.

Lille's president has said they have accepted bids for Pepe from 4 clubs. Possible we are one of them? And Zaha could be the back up plan.
Of all the clubs who have the ability to cough up 60+ mil and his wages on top of that I doubt that we’d be anywhere near to the most attractive proposition for him if we’re one of the supposed 4 bids

Status
Not open for further replies.