Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be the most Everton signing we've ever made like.

I would avoid.
Good having Welbeck because despite his lack of goals he's a hard worker on the left but he's had too many injuries now and he's just looking for a retirement plan.

I would avoid.
Good having Welbeck because despite his lack of goals he's a hard worker on the left but he's had too many injuries now and he's just looking for a retirement plan.

Don't get me wrong mate, I very much do not want him here. He's not terrible but he's never scored double figures in a Premier League season and I'd rather have DCL continue up front than Welbeck, as at least there's the chance of him progressing to a striker of a decent level with experience.

But what I mean is that, traditionally, Danny Welbeck would be the absolute epitome of an "Everton transfer". The failed top four player looking to "rebuild".

Remember all this bed wetting last summer only for Brands and Silva to turn up for the party and produce an outstanding summer of recruitment.

Some people will never learn and some of the nonsense being wrote in here...Jeezus!!!....absolutely no idea whatsoever.

In Brands and Silva I trust.

I think people in general aren't doubting both of them, both are men of action with a proven capacity. Yes we could do better than both of them, but they're not awful, and can be trusted a certain amount, like you say.

The problem I have is lack of speed, and worry over finances, the question of, 'do we have the big money to play with'? is still up in the air.

Considering they've had the targets for months, where are they? is my main worry. It's stressing me out a little.

Last time we rushed into buying players too early, 3 have already gone, 1 can't get a work permit and 1 we can't get rid of til his contract ends.
Be careful what you wish for.

The thing is, even if we are skint, it has nothing to do with Brands and Silva. We are obviously needing to take our medicine in regards to several players at the minute in the form of Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun, Niasse et al and their sky high wages. The funny thing is the people who are calling Brands a fraud in this thread are the ones who are demanding EFC be ran more professionally in other threads. Can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.