Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the feelings of the doom and gloom merchants, signing Zouma (or an equivalent centre half) is a far higher priority than bringing in a new striker.

The last stretch of last season demonstrated that Silva had found his line-up, that the players worked well in that system and that the benefit of a full season training under him had paid dividends. As much as people are moaning, that side included Calvert-Lewin who worked excellently, pressed high and pressured the opposition - allowing for the three around him to get ahead of him and do the damage.

Taking Zouma out of that line-up is far more damaging than keeping DCL in it. Whilst a new striker would be great, whoever it is will take time to bed in and as Silva has already said, will impinge on DCL's development. Whilst we still have Tosun and Niasse on the books I doubt there will be another striker joining. Obviously getting one or both of those out the door changes that - but buying someone to 'add goals' to what Calvert-Lewin already brings us already will cost money we simply don't have the capacity to spend.

It’s poor regardless of whichever way you spin it.

Players should be in as early as possible.

We’re 3 weeks away from the season kicking off and have a weaker squad than last season.

A striker should have been identified years ago and brought onboard weeks ago at least.

like delph right or actually right?
My source tell me that Delph was not a target. That is not my fault that the information was wrong. I have different sources. What i know is that Everton will bring four more players. If Gana leave, will be five. Arias the top target for RB, Zouma top target CB, Malcom is on of the options, but not the only one for his position, Leão will not come to Everton, Kean is the target but not easy to bring

Whatever the feelings of the doom and gloom merchants, signing Zouma (or an equivalent centre half) is a far higher priority than bringing in a new striker.

The last stretch of last season demonstrated that Silva had found his line-up, that the players worked well in that system and that the benefit of a full season training under him had paid dividends. As much as people are moaning, that side included Calvert-Lewin who worked excellently, pressed high and pressured the opposition - allowing for the three around him to get ahead of him and do the damage.

Taking Zouma out of that line-up is far more damaging than keeping DCL in it. Whilst a new striker would be great, whoever it is will take time to bed in and as Silva has already said, will impinge on DCL's development. Whilst we still have Tosun and Niasse on the books I doubt there will be another striker joining. Obviously getting one or both of those out the door changes that - but buying someone to 'add goals' to what Calvert-Lewin already brings us already will cost money we simply don't have the capacity to spend.
We aren't doing much next season if that's the case. Look at our strike force there are less goals there than any other top eight team(arguably the top ten now too). It's pathetic.

My source tell me that Delph was not a target. That is not my fault that the information was wrong. I have different sources. What i know is that Everton will bring four more players. If Gana leave, will be five. Arias the top target for RB, Zouma top target CB, Malcom is on of the options, but not the only one for his position, Leão will not come to Everton, Kean is the target but not easy to bring

He's not.

Dont forget lads and lasses we still need players out the door before we can see activity. Mirallas, Martina, Besic, Pennington, Niasse, McCarthy all to be shifted and then there's still the uncertain trio of Tosun, Schneiderlin and Lookman that could be surplus. Even if we have interest in these players it might be finances is what's holding it up

Possibly, but I don't think he meets the criteria Brands is looking at or is the sort of player that would best suit Silva's system

Still though, he's not awful and the buy out clause wasn't extortionate either
This criteria thing makes me laugh.

Can't we have a few proven decent players to be dead good now like ?

You know, win a few games and compete a bit this season instead of planning for 4 years away ?
United and arsenal don't look great right now. That won't last long though. Have a go at it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.