Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
£30m/£40m isn’t big money anymore. Leicester, West Ham, etc are in that market.

Delph hasn’t won the Champions League and he was a bit part player in City’s squad. I don’t have to see him kick a ball here to know he’s bang average and not going to elevate us past 8th. It is especially disheartening knowing that he’s more than likely the replacement for the much superior Gueye.

Why would I say anything good last summer, either? What did it get us? 8th, again.

I want a successful Everton, I don’t view what we’re doing as success, or even on the path to success.

I`m loving the way that you`ve very conveniently dropped Newcastle as one of our potential rivals in the transfer market anymore lol

I for one am fuming that a team signed some player that we had no interest in, werent linked to, dont want and doesnt effect our plans. Part of the reason I am fuming is that I cant comprehend that we can only sign 1-2 forwards, and not every single one of the 20-30 semi-promising forward that a team might sell.

I'm not whinging per se but I could have sworn in late April "targets have been identified and will be brought in early". I give it about another week before any players brought in won't feature in the first match. That's pretty poor imo. Points in August count just as much as points May.

Agree that players signed from this point forward are touch and go for the start of the season, and that could be crucial in negotiating what looks a relatively straightforward set of opening fixtures but I have to keep pointing out that there are (at least) 3 parties involved in any transfer and that Brands showed last year that he will take as long as he takes to get the right deal over the line; all that is to say that targets could very well have been ID'ed early, and our intention was almost certainly to get them done early but selling clubs for whatever reason (haggling, trying to find replacements, etc) could be holding things up.

The only reason I take pains to point this out - and I appreciate I am reaching a bit - is that I like the idea that the team is potentially sacrificing in the extremely short-term to benefit the club in the longer term; compare that approach to the Black Summer of 2017/18 and piling in loads of ill-fitting signings early, and it becomes by far the lesser of two evils.

Agree that players signed from this point forward are touch and go for the start of the season, and that could be crucial in negotiating what looks a relatively straightforward set of opening fixtures but I have to keep pointing out that there are (at least) 3 parties involved in any transfer and that Brands showed last year that he will take as long as he takes to get the right deal over the line; all that is to say that targets could very well have been ID'ed early, and our intention was almost certainly to get them done early but selling clubs for whatever reason (haggling, trying to find replacements, etc) could be holding things up.

The only reason I take pains to point this out - and I appreciate I am reaching a bit - is that I like the idea that the team is potentially sacrificing in the extremely short-term to benefit the club in the longer term; compare that approach to the Black Summer of 2017/18 and piling in loads of ill-fitting signings early, and it becomes by far the lesser of two evils.
I think theres comfort in the fact that almost exactly this same squad was dominating the last 3rd of the season, so even if we bring in better players that wont be able to start right away, we should be able to take advantage of that easier opening stretch, because the only player missing is Zouma, and we can play Mina instead.

Haller will score less than 10 league goals. Absolutely guaranteed to fail!

I know the market is the way it is right now but £45m is a massive gamble for a guy coming from the German league with no premier league experience.

He could be class but he could also be a massive £45m millstone around their neck. Look at Davy Klassen and he was the Ajax captain but did nothing.

Apparently tearing it up in Germany with Werder Bremen

Every year this thread really makes me question my sanity.

It’s entertainment that’s another level some stuff on here is amazing and you have to question some people’s mental health, anyway it’s only opinions after all but there some that make you go WOW.

It’s the main reason I’m a forum supporter would feel guilty having all this fun for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.