Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haller is a boss player. If we don’t get someone as good/better in this window, we would’ve made a big mistake not getting him.

I went to Frankfurt v Dortmund last year, an with hearing other blues views on him kept an eye on his performance.

To be honest he had a quiet game but his hold up play was poor that day, didn’t look the quickest an was quite sloppy on the ball, wouldn’t say he was well suited to the quick paced game of the premier league.

That’s only one game though against a decent Dortmund side so he might have just been having one of them games!

I know the market is the way it is right now but £45m is a massive gamble for a guy coming from the German league with no premier league experience.

He could be class but he could also be a massive £45m millstone around their neck. Look at Davy Klassen and he was the Ajax captain but did nothing.

Apparently tearing it up in Germany with Werder Bremen

That’s a stretch to be fair, he’s been mildly competent.

I know the market is the way it is right now but £45m is a massive gamble for a guy coming from the German league with no premier league experience.

He could be class but he could also be a massive £45m millstone around their neck. Look at Davy Klassen and he was the Ajax captain but did nothing.

Klassen isn't 'tearing it up' so much as he's a good solid player for their system and team. He isn't scoring a lot for them as he did for Ajax, but is very dependable player.

As for Haller, I think he's a good signing for a PL club, but West Ham? Don't they have a really poor record with strikers? I'd worry for him going there! Style wise though, he is so dominant in the air, and physically strong and mobile, and technically very sound (although that may not be so important). he has the makings of a good player for this league, if he isn't cursed by West Ham :D Bit of a late bloomer in a way though, as before going to Frankfurt, he showed very little. So there may be that suspicion he has come off the back of just a really good purple patch!

We should have signed Haller when we signed Tosun.

We need a more athletic forward now but ideally we need 2 strikers because Niasse and Tosun are nowhere near good enough to play for Everton. I'm worried we won't get one forward now, and that makes next year a huge struggle.

The previous regime are still hurting us as we can't improve while all these players remain on huge money and contribute zero to the club.

Yet we're looking at players from worse leagues with worse scoring records for similar fees and getting excited

West Ham have done well getting Haller and I wish we'd signed him

Look - wasn't that easy?

rumor has it...
Screenshot_20190717-203928.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.