Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is whether we would be able to get much in the way of transfer fees for them to help finance the purchases. Walcott and Tosun may bring in £10m each. McCarthy, Besic and Niasse maybe £5m each. Can only see the others going on loan. May need to sell either Lookman or Henry to help balance the books if we end up spending big on Neres.

Only way we see these wages off the books is to find some mugs happy to take the players on a free and hope that we don't have to subsidise too high a percentage of their wages until the end of their contracts

you mean when our season had ended and there was nowt to play for..

everton always excel under these conditions, give them millwall or a southampton in the cup though and you know what happens
Don't see how changing the players when they are clearly good enough already is going to change anything then.

Absolute ZERO chance that they've taken all of Sandro's wages on. They've barely got a pot to piss in, if they're contributing any more than £20,000 pw I'll be astonished.
We don't know that for certain. The fact that Brands has got this one agreed early doors indicates it's not a last minute bargain basement transaction. Maybe the player has foregone some of his wages so he can play regularly in Spain. I'm not even sure how much the lads wages are. There are some seemingly genuine websites that quote him as £65k pw rather than £120k we have been led to believe.

We don't know that for certain. The fact that Brands has got this one agreed early doors indicates it's not a last minute bargain basement transaction. Maybe the player has foregone some of his wages so he can play regularly in Spain. I'm not even sure how much the lads wages are. There are some seemingly genuine websites that quote him as £65k pw rather than £120k we have been led to believe.

It's £120k per week.
Valladolid are skint. Even if they're paying him £20k that'll probably be their biggest outlay. There's no money at all down the league in la Liga.

everton always excel under these conditions, give them millwall or a southampton in the cup though and you know what happens
I think that winning “we cannot lose” mentality is the thing that’s lacking with us and that’s understandable. But hopefully Marco will embed that steel within us if we get the right additions to the squad.

My worry is that we don’t have a real leader out there on the pitch - if we find that person I think we’ll be in business.

I get what your saying though - totally

Exactly, there’s been loads of seasons we’ve won games late on when there’s nothing riding on games. The fact is though that we choke as soon as we have a big game. Palace at home after doing the hard work against Arsenal, Reading in the Cup after beating Chelsea, there’s countless examples. We probably would have made the cup semi if we’d beaten Millwall but the players knew it was all or nothing for the season on that game and couldn’t handle the pressure.

I think that winning “we cannot lose” mentality is the thing that’s lacking with us and that’s understandable. But hopefully Marco will embed that steel within us if we get the right additions to the squad.

My worry is that we don’t have a real leader out there on the pitch - if we find that person I think we’ll be in business.

I get what your saying though - totally

we do lack real leaders allover the pitch still..

I don't think pickford will be a leader as he is susceptible to mistakes as weve seen..

mick keane ?? not sure really, hes a bit too jags for me.

gylfi - as great as he is, he isn't a strong and powerful leader …

gomes at present is our only out and out leader by default, as I don't think think he would be the leader in a top 6 team.

we need some strong personalities who are used to winning things

lets see what the window brings

Worth noting you should drink water when it's hot and not your own urine as it has been known to drive people crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.