Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty good. I'm not in love with Kessie - think he's strangely regressed - but I like those types of players. Think you'd need to sell a bunch of players and not sure Kean, DCL, and Richarlison??? is enough up top. But it could be REALLY good in a couple years.
Just my personal opinion that any midfield that contains both Gueye and Siggurdson won’t make CL. Both are too inconsistent over 38 games. Kessie for Gueye and Siggurdson being phased out over the next season might work though.
Neither were excellent during our huge slump between Jan and March. I wouldn’t say they were excellent. We finished 8th. They were both quite good for a decent amount of the season, excellent in a handful of games, and shocking in a handful of games.

We massively overrate both players as a fan base. None of the top 6 would touch Siggurdson. Gueye perhaps, but when he’s not in top form his deficiencies on the ball become a lot more apparent.

Watching us be waltzed through by Fulham West Ham Wolves Watford etc. Showed to me that the midfield is the area of the team that we still need to sort out. It’s the root of our problems away from home and isn’t consistent enough to get top 4 in my opinion.
I do agree with this and have said the same, I do think silva wants to play 433, so I can see siggurdsson moving on after this season.

Gana to be fair finished the season strongly, and I wouldn’t mind if he stayed, though I think A big over and he will be sold, the only other thing is look at Liverpool their midfield is nothing special, yet they nearly won the league and of course won number 6. A great defence and front 3, proves you can be a great team with just a functioning midfield.
Also at least 120M of Moshiri's jingle out the door. Granted, I'd love it but let's not be greedy, maybe Zouma and 2 out of the other 3?

The key signing has to be Zouma. Keeps the defence ticking over from last season and means we dont have any real upheaval there.

Then Kessie would form an interesting midfield with Gomes. At 22 and 25 its a lot younger than Schneiderlin and Gana.

Likewise Neres and Kean for Walcott and Tosun.

A lot of movement there, would cost a fortune but the targets individually dont seem too unlikely.

Zouma: If Chelsea said he wasnt for sale then surely we wouldnt have the constant rumours.

Kessie: Hasnt reached his potential in Milan but still just 22.

Kean: Well publicised about the year left on his deal and also of course Raiola.

The only real big money outlay would be for Neres but again its a strong possibility as he fits the bill

I would be happy to sell every player in these images.

Behave

That front three of the RS's, Firminho, Salah and Mane got 56 league goals between them last season mate, we would have to upgrade to top quality to get close to that considering that RS front three scored 2 more than our whole team put together.
Agreed, but I think that is the model we are chasing.
Players with pace, able to score goals and able to play in different positions.
Liverpool bought very well to be fair and those clever purchases moved them from also rans to genuine title contenders.

It is a big challenge for Marcel Brands and we are talking about building a team over two or three seasons at best.

Umtiti is a beast physically and so much more imposing and defensively he is one of the TOP centerback in the world. 40m is a steal and 30m for kouma seems a silly price to pay. But if we we sign kouma for 20m I would have no complain.
If he is that good why are Barca selling him. Genuine question.

If he is that good why are Barca selling him. Genuine question.

They bought another French CB recently (they have enormous depth in that position) and I don't think he has settled. They are also going through a bit of an odd phase at the moment and making some questionable decisions and at times seem a bit desperate to sell decent players to fund huge stars. They want Greizman and Neymar this summer so lots has to be brought back in and if someone would give them 30+ for Umtiti it's good business. If we sold Keane I would love him.

He’s at Juve?
Umtiti had been consistently one of the top defenders for a few season, last season is plagued by injuries(all knee injuries)and struggle for consistently. Barca is rebuilding and I believe only Messi and pique is untouchable in the team. They might not be desperate to sell but they are certainly looking at every option to rebuild. Untiti is only 25 and Barcelona had tendency to sell unwanted players at a cheap price, Gomes Digne are both good example. We should have a go if door is wide enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.