Status
Not open for further replies.
Zouma
Kessie
Neres
Kean

+ a right back please Marcel...

Thats a champions league 11.
It's pretty good. I'm not in love with Kessie - think he's strangely regressed - but I like those types of players. Think you'd need to sell a bunch of players and not sure Kean, DCL, and Richarlison??? is enough up top. But it could be REALLY good in a couple years.

Just my personal opinion that any midfield that contains both Gueye and Siggurdson won’t make CL. Both are too inconsistent over 38 games. Kessie for Gueye and Siggurdson being phased out over the next season might work though.
They were both excellent overall last season and overall is the only way to measure it. Not one player was consistently brilliant last year in the PL

They were both excellent overall last season and overall is the only way to measure it. Not one player was consistently brilliant last year in the PL

Neither were excellent during our huge slump between Jan and March. I wouldn’t say they were excellent. We finished 8th. They were both quite good for a decent amount of the season, excellent in a handful of games, and shocking in a handful of games.

We massively overrate both players as a fan base. None of the top 6 would touch Siggurdson. Gueye perhaps, but when he’s not in top form his deficiencies on the ball become a lot more apparent.

Watching us be waltzed through by Fulham West Ham Wolves Watford etc. Showed to me that the midfield is the area of the team that we still need to sort out. It’s the root of our problems away from home and isn’t consistent enough to get top 4 in my opinion.

That's odds on now for both Wellbeck and Drinkwater.

Any other Danny's we need to be wary of?
[/QUOTE]
I’m sure Phil Kirkbride said he wasn’t on our radar, along with Mitrovic. Or was it Rondon?
Dont get me wrong I’m not worried about welbeck I’m very confident he won’t be joining.

I looked at sky bet the other day and I looked like Drinkwater had been removed from the list of players

Neither were excellent during our huge slump between Jan and March. I wouldn’t say they were excellent. We finished 8th. They were both quite good for a decent amount of the season, excellent in a handful of games, and shocking in a handful of games.

We massively overrate both players as a fan base. None of the top 6 would touch Siggurdson. Gueye perhaps, but when he’s not in top form his deficiencies on the ball become a lot more apparent.

Watching us be waltzed through by Fulham West Ham Wolves Watford etc. Showed to me that the midfield is the area of the team that we still need to sort out. It’s the root of our problems away from home and isn’t consistent enough to get top 4 in my opinion.
I reckon Arsenal or Utd would happily take Siggurdson and/or Gueye at the moment. That many goals from his position and that many tackles for Gueyes? Our main problem when the team was shocking was defense to be fair. New system, new players etc... It appears to be well sorted and both those players finished very strongly. Definitely not where our greatest need for strengthening is anyway. You may be right about top 4 but definitely good enough for top 6. I'd take our team above Arsenal and Utd any day of the week as it stands

Status
Not open for further replies.