Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we could maybe sign Tierney, loan him back to Celtic for a season, and then bring him in once Baines' deal expires?

Mutually beneficial deal for all parties that. Celtic get a year to sort out a replacement and then Tierney can come in to give Digne some competition next season

...possibly, but I dare say that would mean us paying part of his wages next season. If that was the plan, we surely would’ve released Baines. Silva has said he wants 2 players competing for every position, but two costly LBs does seem a bit extravagant when priorities are elsewhere.

...possibly, but I dare say that would mean us paying part of his wages next season. If that was the plan, we surely would’ve released Baines. Silva has said he wants 2 players competing for every position, but two costly LBs does seem a bit extravagant when priorities are elsewhere.

Tierney certainly fits the type of player that Brands says we are after, but as does Digne to be fair

Les Ferdinand - scored more against us than any other club. Read years ago he turned us down because of the racist reputation.

Jon Stead - 9 career goals, 3/4 against us, including 2 winners at Goodison

There are loads, just can't remember this early on a Monday

....it’s not just Everton. The truth is strikers always have clubs they regularly score against or grounds they do really well at.

....Bertrand Traore linked again. I thought that one had gone away when his club president said he was going nowhere.

Bristol City defender, Adam Webster, also on our radar. Need our Bristol Insider @roydo.

Or like chelsea, Barca etc Marco is planning on playing three at the back and one the centre backs being predominantly a full back by trade.

Tierney has played centre back for Celtic and Scotland.

I personally don't think he will sign, but he would provide great cover for left back, centre back and left wing.

Or like chelsea, Barca etc Marco is planning on playing three at the back and one the centre backs being predominantly a full back by trade.

Tierney has played centre back for Celtic and Scotland.

I personally don't think he will sign, but he would provide great cover for left back, centre back and left wing.

Can also play RB at a pinch too and has done for Scotland

Tierney is not moving anywhere to be a back up and we are not so flush with cash that we offer Baines a one year deal then buy a back up for 20 mill so that we have three left backs. I can’t believe Tierney is anything more than a rehash of our interest last year by the media perhaps to flush a higher bid out of Arsenal.
He cal play RB too can't he?
cc: @Mikey_Fitzgerald

It depends, he might believe he can dislodge him. He's certainly good enough

It would be incredible for Silva to have that selection headache that's for sure. No one else in the League would have that kind of depth in that position

I think he’s good enough to easily play first choice in most teams except for probably us and Liverpool. Arsenal Spurs or Chelsea would be a great move for him.

It depends, he might believe he can dislodge him. He's certainly good enough

It would be incredible for Silva to have that selection headache that's for sure. No one else in the League would have that kind of depth in that position

Would be a bit of a weird signing for us now for me.

Sounds to me like trying to push Arsenal’s hand to pay more for him.

Sorry mate.

....apparently Moise Kean has been a bit of a naughty boy on international duty with Italy U21s. He turned up late for a team meeting and was dropped for the game against Belgium. Corriero dello Sport say Juventus could reconsider their decision to give him a new contract.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.