Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and @Steken were concerned about your welfare at one point, imagine me and a fella who produced that Amsterdam thread being the 2 people to ride to your rescue.
Mad to think, no dramas with that now tho cus I’m hard as nails

......it’s Monday morning Blues, here’s what’s in the Toffee transfer rumour columns this 24th June;

- The Scottish Herald report Everton interest in Celtic left-back, Kieran Tierney. They say Arsenal have submitted a £15m bid for the 22 year old.

- According to the Oxford Mail, Oxford United are still in talks with Everton to bring back Luke Garbutt who impressed during the latter half of his loan spell last season. Manager Karl Robinson is quoted as saying; “We’re still talking to Garb’s & his parent club”. Loan deals for players contracted to Premier League clubs are normally completed late in the summer, with targets often spending pre-season with their parent club.

- ‘Bristol Live’ say Bristol City, Wigan Athletic and Brentford want Everton left back, Antonee Robinson. Everton are looking to get £2.5m for the 21 year old who made 26 appearances on-loan for Wigan last season.

- Whilst no offers have been received, AS suggest Everton are showing ‘serious interest’ in Real Sociedad Centre Back, Diego Llorente. Torino defender, Armando Izzo, has also been the subject of Everton rumours, and Tuttosport say his agent has travelled to England for talks, primarily with Arsenal.

- Sky Sports report Luton Town are open to selling 21 year old defender, James Justin, who was linked with Everton last week. There’s continued Everton links with Nice midfielder Wylan Cyprien, Hull City winger Jarrod Bowen and Mainz midfielder/defender Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

- E Gol digital again report Everton are willing to pay £35.7m for Atletico Madrid right-back, Santiago Arias, although Football Espana say the 27 year old Colombian hasn’t spoken to Marcel Brands about a move.

Does this mean we might be selling Robinson and replacing him with Tierney?

#EXCITE

Tierney is not moving anywhere to be a back up and we are not so flush with cash that we offer Baines a one year deal then buy a back up for 20 mill so that we have three left backs. I can’t believe Tierney is anything more than a rehash of our interest last year by the media perhaps to flush a higher bid out of Arsenal.

Does this mean we might be selling Robinson and replacing him with Tierney?

#EXCITE

...I doubt it, Mikey. I suspect the Tierney rumours are regurgitated from last year, it makes no sense that we buy him after giving Baines a contract extension. As for Robinson, giving Baines that contract suggests to me that Robinson is not thought adequate back-up for Digne.

Be interesting what happens next season when Baines leaves.

...I doubt it, Mikey. I suspect the Tierney rumours are regurgitated from last year, it makes no sense that we buy him after giving Baines a contract extension. As for Robinson, giving Baines that contract suggests to me that Robinson is not thought adequate back-up for Digne.

Be interesting what happens next season when Baines leaves.

Well we could maybe sign Tierney, loan him back to Celtic for a season, and then bring him in once Baines' deal expires?

Mutually beneficial deal for all parties that. Celtic get a year to sort out a replacement and then Tierney can come in to give Digne some competition next season

Well we could maybe sign Tierney, loan him back to Celtic for a season, and then bring him in once Baines' deal expires?

He’s getting first team CL football. Why would he trade that to be back up to the best left back in the league? He could probably demand a first team spot in nearly any other premier league team.

He’s getting first team CL football. Why would he trade that to be back up to the best left back in the league? He could probably demand a first team spot in nearly any other premier league team.

It depends, he might believe he can dislodge him. He's certainly good enough

It would be incredible for Silva to have that selection headache that's for sure. No one else in the League would have that kind of depth in that position

Status
Not open for further replies.