Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will allow others to get outraged by this.
I think he gets a needlessly poor response.

He's asking pertinent questions about the direction of this club.

The people who dont like that fall into two categories:

• Those acting like juveniles because they were promised something and didn't receive it and cant forgive and forget
  • Those who cant accept that the club is poorly run and prefer to cling onto a Pollyanna version of reality
I'd urge everyone to read his assessment of the problems at the club. They are very real and very troubling. And we are led by complete 'kin spanners.

I think he gets a needlessly poor reaction.

He;s asking pertinent questions about the direction of this club.

• Those acting like juveniles because they were promised something and didn't receive it and cant forgive and forget
  • Those who cant accept that the club is poorly run and prefer to cling onto a Pollyanna version of reality

Nah.

As others have pointed out, he worshipped Moshiri until he tried to worm his way into getting to chat to him. He's been bitter and turnt on Moshiri since.

Nah.

As others have pointed out, he worshipped Moshiri until he tried to worm his way into getting to chat to him. He's been bitter and turnt on Moshiri since.
Ha Ha Ha. That's some theory.

I'd advise you to apply Occam's Razor though. After 3 years of evidence that's piled up he simply sees the reality of the Moshiri era: a house of cards.

Ha Ha Ha. That's some theory.

I'd advise you to apply Occam's Razor though. After 3 years of evidence that's piled up he simply sees the reality of the Moshiri era: a house of cards.
So , who we signing and who are we selling or have I stumbled onto the wrong thread?

Nah.

@davek is actually right on this.
Esk hasn't become bitter and turned on Moshiri, he's casting a critically analytical eye over the business as he has for a number of years, and he's highlighting areas of concern.
As for your suggestion 'he tried to worm his way into getting to chat to him' - given Esk is the only person to have held a one-on-one interview with Sasha Ryazantsev (Moshiri's right hand man) for a Blue Room podcast, how do you know he and Moshiri haven't met and talked ?

I think he gets a needlessly poor response.

He's asking pertinent questions about the direction of this club.

I'd urge everyone to read his assessment of the problems at the club. They are very real and very troubling. And we are led by complete 'kin spanners.
There's poorly run and there's willing investment.

You can't argue with the investment levels, they are significant.

You can argue with the return on those investment levels at least prior to Brands.

From a business standpoint, while our commercial revenues have increased dramatically, the level we were at was embarrassingly low. But it would be tough to NOT be critical of some of the basic business aspects of the club. The poor social media presence and communication strategies at least world wide. The lack of conscientious branding efforts and marketing is just embarrassing. The lack of outreach seems pathetic as well. The release of the kits. The preseason schedule and decisions. None of this makes any sense at all. We are missing opportunities all over the place.

But there has been turnover at the top and it's tough to tell who is responsible for the current state of affairs or is this still a hangover from the previous executives? That's pretty tough to tell.

@davek is actually right on this.
Esk hasn't become bitter and turned on Moshiri, he's casting a critically analytical eye over the business as he has for a number of years, and he's highlighting areas of concern.
As for your suggestion 'he tried to worm his way into getting to chat to him' - given Esk is the only person to have held a one-on-one interview with Sasha Ryazantsev (Moshiri's right hand man) for a Blue Room podcast, how do you know he and Moshiri haven't met and talked ?

Because he wouldn't send out wham-filled Tweets on a daily basis that get ridiculed by the wider fanbase.

Oh, and he'd have said.

Because he wouldn't send out wham-filled Tweets on a daily basis that get ridiculed by the wider fanbase.

Oh, and he'd have said.
I'm not saying he has met with Moshiri, but I very, very, very much doubt he would made it known publicly if he has/had - I wouldn't.

What's RELEVANT in this thread is the amount Mosh is willing to invest in the team. He dropped 100M in cash last summer out of his own pocket. We will have massive losses this year, but I just don't understand why anyone cares when it's already paid for. But if we can get significant sales AND a net spend of 75M or so, we'd have a chance of being really good certainly by the end of the year and going forward. We could fill in those obvious holes, CM/DM, CF, left-footed inside right forward, CB, RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.