• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be lucky to get 5p for Vlasic
Not really. He's young and performed well in a lesser league. Clubs in Russia and Turkey would probably pay at least a bit more than what we did originally.

I don't really want to sell him but if it was to clear space for someone who is a similar profile but shows more of a desire to be here I'd be ok with it.

From a good source we have scouted David Turnbull of Motherwell for the last 3 months of the season. His move to Celtic has fallen through due to English interest, no idea if we have bid but I know for certain we have been scouting him.

It can't be Everton. Remember when we were sniffing round Tierney all the Celtic fans were saying it'd be a step down for him lol

Aftertime Weaseling :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's not difficult to work out to work out where my sources where coming from if you look at my posting history... At the time I couldn't say however this is coming from a completely different place.

Last edited:

1-- It was your own quote...not mine, yours.

2 -- That may well be the case, however its in black and white that one site rates him as 3rd most valuable in the league.

3 -- Thats nonsense. If a team loses its best players then others have a chance to be the 'main man' at the club. Neres for example has been tried on both wings + centre forward and attacking midfield. It may well be that he evolves into another position just as Richarlison has done so.

4 -- I have no idea of the point youre attempting to make here.

5 -- How many times have you seen Neres and Sangare play?

Not for a rotation option covering 3 positions it isnt.

I didnt watch it live but caught the match a few days later as i was travelling at the time. They were totally in sync and anyone who has the confidence to hit scorchers like Neres and take the game to the italian champions defence like he did is alright in my book.

I think he will be in/out of the team rotating for Richarlison, Bernard and Sigurdsson.

Erm yes...as @Barnfred 55 stated above.
3. I completely beg to differ on that one and say if he isn’t sold they won’t get close to £40m next season unless he has 20g in the season and even then Ziyech and Lozano did that 2 years in a row and no one seriously came for them. Even if he changes positions and becomes almost another player the team in general will never get the recognition it has this season again making it harder to sell their players at a higher price.

4. The point is plain and simple. We need to sign players on their talent and their ability to play the game. We pay for that and their friendship or chemistry with the team’s just a bonus. So if he’s £27m worth of a player we pay £27m not £27m + £13m because he knows our guys and they like him. That’s part of the managers job, they man manage getting the team to gel together from nothing if they have to.

5. I’ve seen Sangare play twice, once vs PSG and once vs Lyon both times I was seriously unimpressed. Every time he got the ball I just thought with how heavy his touch is in possession if he was in a better league with a higher press how many times would he lose possession for his team. Not only lose possession but send the opponents on a counter towards our net having a free go at an exposed back line because he’s supposed to be the deepest man in the midfield. Not for me.

Neres I’ve seen play 1 group stage game and all of the knockout stage. I don’t get Eredivisie and couldn’t be bothered to look for a stream for 3 hours to watch Ajax demolish a team at the same level as the 3rd championship division. A rotation player is never worth £40m unless that rotation is so heavily needed that he starts every week in an out. We complain about how Schniederlin and Sandro are on mega money sitting our bench with the previously mentioned being a rotation player or not even in the squad respectively. Now we want to spend £40m on a guy and put him on probably something like £80k a week to sit our bench. We got Bernard for free on a smaller wage to do that very thing we don’t need another rotation player. We need someone to start out wide and move Richarlison back to ST or over to the LW and move Bernard to CAM.

Which is just ridiculous. It is extremely rare for a young player to put up the numbers he put up in that league. It's just a shame he's not getting more credit.
I'm sure if he goes we'll get money. Don't think he's going to make it here unfortunately. Decent offer would probably get him with a minimum of fuss. Would not be surprised if he comes good elsewhere.

A gamble that didn't come off.

Which is just ridiculous. It is extremely rare for a young player to put up the numbers he put up in that league. It's just a shame he's not getting more credit.
We really shouldn't be selling him but if he doesn't want to be here we should learn from Lookman and just sell. Having Lookman sit on the bench did nothing for him or us. And as I said before if we could sign Turnbull for 3m instead that's pretty decent work.

You’re not having a good day. You’ve made this ‘joke’, the one about ‘physics’, you’ve misread an article about a players value and suggested we’d have to pay either a £20m loan fee or £100m transfer fee for Kean. Have a break
The jokes were plays on how previous conversations that we had on her that took pages of needless conversation. Admitting myself that the American hater posts and back and forth banter we unneeded here.

Thought the article had to be for a loan move because I’ve seen Real wanted Kean at one point and they were quoting him just under João Felix numbers to sign.

Had my break and back to lucidity

Status
Not open for further replies.