Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see we've been linked with Moise Kean from Juve. Absolute quality player, which means we have zero chance of getting him. He will cost an utter fortune, and the big 4 will sniff around if he is available.
Love to get him, as that would be a massive step up for us. Just can't see it, sadly. Loan maybe, but to buy him would be 70m+ surely

That does make sense apart from the fact barcalona didn't sign a replacment LB, they signed Arthur on the 9th of July who would be your gomes replacement, Chelsea didn't sign a new cb and Watford signed del but that was before the world cup anyway.

So none of our players from last season apart from mina have any impact on the world cup. Or any of the players the the selling clubs bought.

I understand your point on the whole and agree on it generally but last year this wasn't the case for us.

Brands was at the early part of the World Cup scouting too.

That had an effect.

I see we've been linked with Moise Kean from Juve. Absolute quality player, which means we have zero chance of getting him. He will cost an utter fortune, and the big 4 will sniff around if he is available.
Love to get him, as that would be a massive step up for us. Just can't see it, sadly. Loan maybe, but to buy him would be 70m+ surely

I'd say around £50m, but as you say bigger clubs will be after him.

The irony would be if Juve got rid because Lukaku is coming in hahaha - talk about a downgrade.

There’s more chance of us buying Salah than getting this lad, arguably the most promising young striker in world football. But a loan is definitely possible, he’s not budging CR7 from his spot and I do recall there being a huge issue with racism where Chiellini didn’t support him
If Juve are open we should do everything to get him here even if it’s just for a season

That does make sense apart from the fact barcalona didn't sign a replacment LB, they signed Arthur on the 9th of July who would be your gomes replacement, Chelsea didn't sign a new cb and Watford signed del but that was before the world cup anyway.

So none of our players from last season apart from mina have any impact on the world cup. Or any of the players the the selling clubs bought.

I understand your point on the whole and agree on it generally but last year this wasn't the case for us.

But they may have wanted players from the World Cup and didn't end up getting (probably Barca aside as Digne was second choice anyway). We already know that the interested in Digne, Mina, Gomes, Richarlison was all there early on but it took time for it to be done. As Brands has said Barcelona were an absolute ballache over summer regarding Mina. Richarlison was always going to take a while considering it's Watford and the whole sourness over Silva. It's an odd one as the World Cup clearly has an overall effect on most clubs even when they aren't involved.

Also we dont know that where Zouma was on the target list. We may have been after someone else early doors.

Only one that appears to be an odd one for timing was Bernard as he was a free agent.

Think things may be quicker this summer, but Brands has shown he wont overpay for anyone so may require a bit of patience, particularly if we're after maybe Copa America players or youth tournament players (Sosa for example).

Misery!

We asked in January and Mino Raiola told us to come back in the summer. Maybe some truth in the link but I could only see a loan if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.