Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kenny needs to go on loan to a newly promoted side to get well and truly blooded in week in week out.Just my opinion though.
I'm not necessarily against buying Meurnier as he's a quality player, experienced in International and European football. I just don't see right full back as one of our main priorities this summer given the way Coleman ended the season. Yes we can always do better, but Seamus is still one of the top 6/7 right backs in the league IMO and Kenny is an adequate back up, although I can understand the argument that Kenny probably needs more playing time.

I just think that CB, 2xCM and striker are bigger priorities to be spending our limited budget on. Plus I desperately want us to sign Lozano too as I think he'll be brill.

Kenny has 25 Premier League starts under his belt and I can't say he's looked the part. That isn't necessarily enough to right him off but he's had a a few runs at it now and hasn't nailed down the spot in any of them.
He's played 31 times across the ages 18/21. Whilst not excelling perhaps, he's probably let himself down in maybe half a dozen of those games. People wax lyrical about Wan Bissaka, and yes he possibly does have the edge over Jonjoe at the moment, but he doesn't have Seamus Coleman ahead of him at Palace either. If they do get him to replace WB it won't be the worst bit of business done in the summer.

He's played 31 times across the ages 18/21. Whilst not excelling perhaps, he's probably let himself down in maybe half a dozen of those games. People wax lyrical about Wan Bissaka, and yes he possibly does have the edge over Jonjoe at the moment, but he doesn't have Seamus Coleman ahead of him at Palace either. If they do get him to replace WB it won't be the worst bit of business done in the summer.
I honestly don't know how good Kenny is but what makes me think he won't make it here is that he isn't top notch technically or athletically so I'm not sure what he does have that's going to make him a high level fullback

Kenny has 25 Premier League starts under his belt and I can't say he's looked the part. That isn't necessarily enough to right him off but he's had a a few runs at it now and hasn't nailed down the spot in any of them.
If CP sell AWB I can see loaning JJK to them and fitting in to their set up easily

Kenny would be mad to go on loan, if we sign another right back the writing is on the wall for him and he should be looking to get out permanently
Not sure about that. Say we sign Meunier, Coleman probably has one more year left, Meunier seems to pick up knocks often, Kenny slides right back into the backup and sometimes starter role. Not the worst gig. Or if he impresses at Burnley, he's young, English, could get a deal somewhere else and give his club a solid transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.