Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson will be pretty much guaranteed a place next season, Never been his biggest fan but without him this season we would be in trouble. Not a chance we can afford to take the goals away from this team. I remember when Lukaku went and people were saying we will just have 4/5 chipping in with 10 goals plus each instead. Never happened and never will in our current state.
I don’t see many signings this summer unless we get a new manager, and fully expect Lookman to leave.

Sell Gueye for 20m and buy Donny from the farmers league for 35m? I would be incredibly cautious before signing a player from the Dutch league again, been too many big money flops over the past 10 years or so.
There's been big money flops from all leagues, including prem players moving to other prem teams and it not working out, just because we got a high-key flop in Davy Klaassen doesn't mean we should avoid players from the Dutch league.

Van De Beek for 35 mil isn't the way forward though - I know prices have rocketed recently but that is too steep for the type of player he is.

Barça is about to sell André Gomes

The Blaugrana entity negotiates with Everton to get between 25 and 30 million euros
There is a second club interested in the signing of the Portuguese midfielder
The FC Barcelona is very close to close the transfer of the Portuguese midfielder Andre Gomes . The Everton of the Premier League, the club in which it is on loan this season, is the best placed although there is another team that is also interested in the signing of the Portuguese footballer.

André Gomes, 25, signed for Barça from Valencia in the preseason of the 2016/17 season in exchange for around 37 million euros to which some clauses could be added.

After two campaigns with Blaugrana, he found some difficulties to take play in the starting lineup and in the 2018/19 season he joined Everton on loan in exchange for some 2.25 million euros. He has a contract with Barça until June 30, 2021 and an exit clause of 100 million euros.

Everton would be willing to pay between 25 and 30 million euros for the permanent transfer of the Portuguese midfielder, and there is a second club interested in getting the signing of André Gomes.

The Portuguese midfielder has played 23 Premier League matches (1 goal and 1 assist) and 2 in the FA Cup (1 assist). He arrived injured to Liverpool and had to fight a serious muscular problem before having minutes and games for Marco Silva's team, who continues to bet on his compatriot despite his performance have been somewhat different.

André Gomes joined Everton this season along with two other former members of the Barça squad, French left-back Lucas Digne, sold for 20 million euros, and Colombian central defender Yerry Mina for which they paid 30 million euros. Both signed a contract with the Toffees until June 2023.

While Digne has settled in the starting lineup and plays regularly (30 games, 2,521 minutes, 3 goals and 5 assists), Mina plays more sporadically (14 games, 935 minutes, 1 goal).

There's been big money flops from all leagues, including prem players moving to other prem teams and it not working out, just because we got a high-key flop in Davy Klaassen doesn't mean we should avoid players from the Dutch league.

Van De Beek for 35 mil isn't the way forward though - I know prices have rocketed recently but that is too steep for the type of player he is.

Vincent Janssen, Memphis Depay and Siem de Jong come to mind automatically. Seems attacking players from the Dutch league are not settling in this league, I cannot remember the last one to hit the ground running and make it a success.

No transfer is a safe bet but I would be incredibly reluctant to gamble big money on a player from the Dutch league - particularly an attacker.

Vincent Janssen, Memphis Depay and Siem de Jong come to mind automatically. Seems attacking players from the Dutch league are not settling in this league, I cannot remember the last one to hit the ground running and make it a success.

No transfer is a safe bet but I would be incredibly reluctant to gamble big money on a player from the Dutch league - particularly an attacker.

That bitey racist tosspot from across the park is the only one I recall.

Last season I said Adama traore would be a good signing

Now wolves are 7th and in a fa cup semi final all because of him ...
Not sure its all because of him mate, i have seen him a few times and he hasnt been that great... as they said in commentary in the game against utd.. a Ferrari engine with a child at the wheel. He really isnt the type of player we need, we already have one in Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.