• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id bin off both Gomes and Sigurdsson.

Get the two centre midfield box to box powerful players in as a priority.

Uh, okay, but who is going to play in front of them in the midfield? You gotta have some sort of playmaker if you are going to support Silva's tactics.

Plan should be that we sign 3 new permanents to improve current positions, we lose 2 loans, but then we get 2 new loans. In all, we get the current squad plus 3 new top Brands players, most likely at RB, Midfield and CF. If you cant get top 6 with that, you are a bad manager.

Really? I think we need more than 1 centre midfielder.

Yeah, you can't have both Siggy and Gomes in the team, one or the other. I think Siggy can play that deeper role better than Gomes, although I'd take either. Just don't see us selling Siggy and Gomes is still going to be expensive.

It will be interesting to see who they go for and I think it'll depend on who they can ship out. It's going to be a very interesting offseason. I

I think you could also make a case that we don't need another wide attacking player. If Richy can play right, Bernard left, Lookman left - need to get him where he SHOULD be. I just wonder if we won't try to move BOTH Walcott AND Onyenkuru. Who knows.

Id bin off both Gomes and Sigurdsson.

Get the two centre midfield box to box powerful players in as a priority.

If we sold both Walcott and Onyekuru we woulr still need 1 wide player in case of injuries.

I think people need to approach the window which the expectation that we won’t be able to shift any of our deadwood still on a contract.

Depends whether Vlasic and Onyekuru are considered deadwood...

Other thsn that I pretty much agree.

Uh, okay, but who is going to play in front of them in the midfield? You gotta have some sort of playmaker if you are going to support Silva's tactics.
Silva prefers 4-3-3 which doesn’t involve a playmaker.

Number 10 role is dead in world football now.

I think 2 players (lets say Ndombele + Doucoure as most people know them) of a specific type with power and all round ability are crucial in a 433 or any of its derivatives.

If we cant shift Sigurdsson (or want to keep him for a season as we evolve) then they would be able to harness the midfield for us whilst still getting up to support him.

The deep playmaker option also allows us to push the two of them further forward.

I think we need to go for 2 players similar to those and then spend big money on someone in midfield (next summer) who can be the game changer.

In an ideal world I would try to go with this plan:

Pickford - Lazaro, Orban, Mina, Digne - Lobotka, van de Beek, Sigurdsson - Richarlison, Haller, Bernard
Virginia - Holgate, Keane, Feeney, Robinson - Davies, Gomes, Vlasic - Lookman, DCL, Onyekuru

Send Kenny, Baningime, Dowell on a loan.

Buy
Valentino Lazaro 15
Willi Orban 20
Stanislav Lobotka 25
Donny van de Beek 35
Andre Gomes 20
Sebastien Haller 35

Total - 150 million

Sell
Galloway 1
Pennington 2
Garbutt free
Martina free
Coleman 10
Gueye 20
Schneiderlin 10
McCarthy 10
Besic 5
Walcott 10
Bolasie 7
Mirallas 3
Tosun 12
Niasse 10
Tarashaj free
Sandro free

Total - 100 million

In real world, the transfer window is going to be much more difficult story, sadly...

Sell Gueye for 20m and buy Donny from the farmers league for 35m? I would be incredibly cautious before signing a player from the Dutch league again, been too many big money flops over the past 10 years or so.

Sell Gueye for 20m and buy Donny from the farmers league for 35m? I would be incredibly cautious before signing a player from the Dutch league again, been too many big money flops over the past 10 years or so.
Van de Beek handled Casemiro and kept Modric in his pocket the whole CL game while breaking away from them a few times to set up an attacking move. The boy was literally all over the pitch that game.

From one move he was helping pressure Vinicius with Mazraoui and then ended up whipping in a cross from the left side all the way down on the bi line. The boys work rate is something not characteristically normal of the Dutch league that’s for sure.

People always say no one from the Dutch league or they’d rather not but then in the same breath want us to sign Lozano or Bergwijn.

Let say hypothetically we kept both Gana and Sigurdsson and signed Gomes...

Gana Gomes
Sigurdsson
Id honestly happily not see any of them next season.

What i really hope for is for a clean sweep in midfield and to build from scratch to suit a 433.

Sigurdsson slots but most of the time hes anonymous...Gomes cant do the defensive side...Ganas passing isnt great.

Why not rip it up and start again?

As to your last point
MONEY

Would go and promise Zinchenko from City first team football in his favoured position. Prem proven, great on the ball, disciplined, quick, great attitude. He was originally a central attacking midfielder that City identified as a prospect so why not see what he can do there.
Rcause next season there is a good chance he will be playing a fair few games for the quadruple holders

Dzeko
Rebic/Malcom
Gomes
Meunier

Get those 4 in and I'll be happy.

We'll definitely have money to spend -

Jagielka
Williams free agent
Martina no value
Zouma? Not ours only on loan

Mirallas no value
Bolassie 10/15 m max
Vlasic will be kept
Walcott? 10m Max
Dowell?5m

Besic Can’t sell wages too dear
McCarthy always broke 7/10m
Schnerderlin? 10/15 m
Gana? 30 soon and PSG won’t be back , plus Silva wants to keep him

Tosun 10/15 m
Sandro enough said
Niasse no one will buy

Considering the club will be losing/possibly losing the above we'll be getting a good few bob if the majority depart. All needs to be invested correctly

Van de Beek handled Casemiro and kept Modric in his pocket the whole CL game while breaking away from them a few times to set up an attacking move. The boy was literally all over the pitch that game.

From one move he was helping pressure Vinicius with Mazraoui and then ended up whipping in a cross from the left side all the way down on the bi line. The boys work rate is something not characteristically normal of the Dutch league that’s for sure.

People always say no one from the Dutch league or they’d rather not but then in the same breath want us to sign Lozano or Bergwijn.

Davy Klaassen.

Status
Not open for further replies.