Dowell?

Besic
McCarthy
Schnerderlin?
Gana?

Tosun
Sandro
Niasse

Considering the club will be losing/possibly losing the above we'll be getting a good few bob if the majority depart. All needs to be invested correctly

Dzeko
Rebic/Malcom
Gomes
Meunier

Get those 4 in and I'll be happy.

We'll definitely have money to spend -

Jagielka
Williams
Martina
Zouma?

Mirallas
Bolasie
Vlasic
Walcott?
Dowell?

Besic
McCarthy
Schnerderlin?
Gana?

Tosun
Sandro
Niasse

Considering the club will be losing/possibly losing the above we'll be getting a good few bob if the majority depart. All needs to be invested correctly
I like those choices but I think well need a midfield powerhouse too. Especially if and when Gana goes.

Dzeko
Rebic/Malcom
Gomes
Meunier

Get those 4 in and I'll be happy.

We'll definitely have money to spend -

Jagielka
Williams
Martina
Zouma?

Mirallas
Bolasie
Vlasic
Walcott?
Dowell?

Besic
McCarthy
Schnerderlin?
Gana?

Tosun
Sandro
Niasse

And your idea of investing it correctly means we buy 33 year old Edin Dzeko.

PoorObeseBrant-size_restricted.gif

And your idea of investing it correctly means we buy 33 year old Edin Dzeko.

PoorObeseBrant-size_restricted.gif

I bet you laughed when we signed 32 year old Gareth Barry.

If 33 year old Dzeko signs on a 2 year deal for a nomimal fee and scores the goals that gets us into europe/wins a trophy I dont think you, fans or Moshiri would give a toss.

Unless your deluded enough to think we can attract a top quality striker in the prime of his career whilst we are sat 11th in the table.

Werner?
Messi?
Neymar?
Callum Wilson?
lol

If 33 year old Dzeko signs on a 2 year deal for a nomimal fee and scores the goals that gets us into europe/wins a trophy I dont think you, fans or Moshiri would give a toss.

Unless your deluded enough to think we can attract a top quality striker in the prime of his career whilst we are sat 11th in the table.

Werner?
Messi?
Neymar?
Callum Wilson?
lol

Hes scored 1 more goal than DCL this season in twice the games.

Ive wanted us to sign Dzeko for the last 10 years, but I wouldnt want him at 33 years old.

No, I didnt laugh when we signed Gaz Baz or Distin.

And im gonna let you into a little secret, there are 000000s of players between Edin Deko and Timo Werner and not all of them are Cenk Tosun.

Werner?
Messi?
Neymar?
Callum Wilson?
lol

He’s already namechecked Seb Haller on numerous occasions who is both realistic and a better option than a 33 year old former decent Premier League striker.

He’s already namechecked Seb Haller on numerous occasions who is both realistic and a better option than a 33 year old former decent Premier League striker.

Sebastien Haller (centre forward, age 24)

Club: Eintracht Frankfurt

Key stats: 14 goals and 9 assists.

Haller hasn’t got as many plaudits as he should have this season, due to the presence of Luka Jovic in the same side. 6’3 but agile, quick, and intelligent, Haller is the full package as a striker, scoring goals and setting up his teammates - with Gylfi Sigurdsson and Richarlison needing someone to feed off, a player like Haller would be useful to have. Haller would also give Lucas Digne, an excellent crosser of the ball, a target to consistently aim for.

Other potential targets: Joelinton (Hoffenheim), Maxi Gomez (Celta Vigo), and Andre Silva on loan (Milan)

Hes scored 1 more goal than DCL this season in twice the games.

Ive wanted us to sign Dzeko for the last 10 years, but I wouldnt want him at 33 years old.

No, I didnt laugh when we signed Gaz Baz or Distin.

And im gonna let you into a little secret, there are 000000s of players between Edin Deko and Timo Werner and not all of them are Cenk Tosun.

True however after 2 seasons of DCL & Tosun do fans really want to risk another season of a risk signing?

If someone who's proven is out there and signs great however there aint many great strikers available who realistically would come here when we are lumbering around in the bottom half. At this point I would happily take a Dzeko/Giroud stop gap signing to hopefully get us into europe and give us a platform to attract a quality centre forward the season following.

Jimenez as Wolves shocked me this season however for every Jimenez theirs a dozen Tosuns/Sandro's.

I rate Gomez however West Ham pulled the plug in January supposedly over his large wage demands so I imagine thats a non starter based off the owners comments at the AGM.

True however after 2 seasons of DCL & Tosun do fans really want to risk another season of a risk signing?

If someone who's proven is out there and signs great however there aint many great strikers available who realistically would come here when we are lumbering around in the bottom half. At this point I would happily take a Dzeko/Giroud stop gap signing to hopefully gwt us into europe and give us a platform to attract a quality centre forward.

Jimenez as Wolves shocked me this season however for every Jimenez theirs a dozen Tosuns/Sandro's.

We are trying to build a youthful squad, we are also trying to move away from "older" signings with no resale.

Every player we sign will be a gamble, Dzeko has had a great career, but hes very much coming to the end of it, hes proven he can score goals in this league, but has he proven he still has the hunger at 33? Has he proven he can cope with the very different demands of playing in the Premier League at 33? The answer is of course no.

We dont need stop gap players, we need players we can rely on, players we can sell for a profit, players with hunger.

Not 33 year olds coming for a last payday.

I think we could do with two strikers actually. A Giroud/Dzeko type and a Haller type.

But they are the same, kind of.

Giroud and Dzeko are defo the old number 9 style, but Seb Haller is also tall and can play the number 9, if anything we would need a Seb Haller then a little fella like a Defoe.

But with the improvement DCL is showing its looking likely we can rely on him as a back up.

It of course very much depends on whether we can ship out the useless ones we already have.

But they are the same, kind of.

Giroud and Dzeko are defo the old number 9 style, but Seb Haller is also tall and can play the number 9, if anything we would need a Seb Haller then a little fella like a Defoe.

But with the improvement DCL is showing its looking likely we can rely on him as a back up.

It of course very much depends on whether we can ship out the useless ones we already have.
Good point, still think we need three including DCL. I suppose it depends who we can shift out too maybe Henry can be that third as he's a different type?

Status
Not open for further replies.