Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people disagreed when I said before that we should look into signing Sergino Dest from Ajax youth team but I am going to continue to stand by it. He’s an amazing prospect and if he splits time with Coleman til the end of his career at Everton we could have a seamless intergration into the first team for Dest with a young quality RB for years to come.

He would probably cost a couple thousand and start off on next to nothing wages making him a low risk high reward.

Against France in the u20 WC he showed that he has elite positional awareness, ability to start almost every attack from the wing, an undying engine to get up and down the field, and seems to be the perfect compliment to Digne on the opposite side of the field.

Love him hate him at least I rate him and believe he’s worth the shot.

That was his first good performance of a youth tournament. In the same tournament a couple years ago, Kenny starred. Dest is a fine prospect but nowhere near ready to split time with Coleman and get prem minutes.

That was his first good performance of a youth tournament. In the same tournament a couple years ago, Kenny starred. Dest is a fine prospect but nowhere near ready to split time with Coleman and get prem minutes.
Worth keeping an eye on to see if hes improved. I think with younger players the biggest issue is always consistently. They flash ability, but in order to become a real pro, its about doing it every game.

Ill tell you who really impressed me that match, Ledezma. He dominated the french midfield and made it look easy, either getting out of trouble, making key passes, or just blazing past them. Would be nice to grab someone like that for the u-23s, but the both of them are already at Ajax and PSVs youth academies.

@Nymzee and @Timak were feting over him last year...

@CRIMHEAD and myself were also complimentary about the fella...

@The Penny Blue thinks hes awful

Hes a monster, can play defensive midfield as a 6 or box to box as an 8. Personally think he looks similar to Vieira and the sky is the limit potentially.

My first choice of a signing for this summer.

Hopefully Gana goes and we sign Sangare.
Good player Sangare but I’d prefer to phase Gana out and then introduce him Zat it’s a big ask for a lad to adapt to the PL in one season especially if we favour a 2 man midfield due to sigz

Worth keeping an eye on to see if hes improved. I think with younger players the biggest issue is always consistently. They flash ability, but in order to become a real pro, its about doing it every game.

Ill tell you who really impressed me that match, Ledezma. He dominated the french midfield and made it look easy, either getting out of trouble, making key passes, or just blazing past them. Would be nice to grab someone like that for the u-23s, but the both of them are already at Ajax and PSVs youth academies.
Mendez missed the France game but overall I think he’s been the best of the bunch. Classy left footed midfielder. Well him and Richards but Richards is already with Bayern.

Now seeing that Gomes has told Barca that he will not go to any club other than Everton along with spurs and west ham have dropped their interests in the player.

Honestly seems like he just called Barca out on their bullshit of trying to raise his price with fake rumors.

I don’t claim to be ITK I only report what has been reported but I’d like to think this is Brands finally throwing his hand down on the table when it comes to Gomes. I think brand had a convo with him at some point telling him we want you and always have so if you wants us like you say you do you need to help us get you in.

Definitely romanticized thinking but could see it actually being the case.

Hopefully after a good 20 years at the club Brands will retire from management with a few league titles and a CL trophy and publish a book of all his behind the scenes work he’s doing to make these deals go through. I’d be really interested on the method behind the man.

Now seeing that Gomes has told Barca that he will not go to any club other than Everton along with spurs and west ham have dropped their interests in the player.

Honestly seems like he just called Barca out on their bullshit of trying to raise his price with fake rumors.

I don’t claim to be ITK I only report what has been reported but I’d like to think this is Brands finally throwing his hand down on the table when it comes to Gomes. I think brand had a convo with him at some point telling him we want you and always have so if you wants us like you say you do you need to help us get you in.

Hopefully after a good 20 years at the club Brands will retire from management with a few league titles and a CL trophy and publish a book of all his behind the scenes work he’s doing to make these deals go through. I’d be really interested on the method behind the man.
Players hold all the power now and for a move like this to happen they will have to assist the buying club in pushing it through.

I like how Everton seem to be on very good terms with Barcelona these days, lots of opportunities there for us.

I hope you’re right. Love me some Andre Gomes. Signing him would increase the clubs revenue from ladies and gay fellows tenfold, im sure of it.

Players hold all the power now and for a move like this to happen they will have to assist the buying club in pushing it through.

I like how Everton seem to be on very good terms with Barcelona these days, lots of opportunities there for us.
And for them. Don't tell me they ain't keeping an eye on players like Richie and any other prospects we get in.

Managing relationships with the big teams is probably a key aspect for doing transfer business if we're aiming high. Would like to see this with clubs all over Europe and then the world.

@Nymzee and @Timak were feting over him last year...

@CRIMHEAD and myself were also complimentary about the fella...

@The Penny Blue thinks hes awful

Hes a monster, can play defensive midfield as a 6 or box to box as an 8. Personally think he looks similar to Vieira and the sky is the limit potentially.

My first choice of a signing for this summer.

Hopefully Gana goes and we sign Sangare.
You were doing well ubtil the last line.

It doesnt have to be either or. There are many games we would miss Ganas industry

Status
Not open for further replies.