Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the horrendous injuries we wouldn’t even be getting mentioned in the same breath as Strootman. Very good footballer technically, just don’t know how much the injuries have taken out of him. His passing range from what I remember was ludicrous.
He was a key player for them this season I read.

Exactly. Look, they weren't bought by Brands. They weren't designed to support Silva's tactics. Selling any of them if we get the proper fee doesn't prohibit us from buying more young talent.
Exactly, how is selling someone who doesn’t want to be at the club and someone has never played for us and may still not be able to a bad thing? As you say we can just replace them with more young players who would rather play in a top European league than a Russian farmers league and don’t have a work permit like a Rubik’s cube.

I really don’t get what some of our fans want sometimes.

Without the horrendous injuries we wouldn’t even be getting mentioned in the same breath as Strootman. Very good footballer technically, just don’t know how much the injuries have taken out of him. His passing range from what I remember was ludicrous.
I think he's a guy whose reputation is better than the actual player. For some reason because he's Dutch and technically good people think he's great. Has never even approached top level, for me. Swerve.

He was a key player for them this season I read.

Gomes isnt exactly mobile and on loan it seems a very interesting chance to get a seasoned pro in.

I think he's a guy whose reputation is better than the actual player. For some reason because he's Dutch and technically good people think he's great. Has never even approached top level, for me. Swerve.

Strootman? He used to be class...injuries have impacted his mobility...

This is absolutely correct. Saw him as a youth at Sparta Rotterdam and what a player he was.
Sadly was . Nowhere near the same player now. Not for us.

Not really, I think Silva is basically saying I dont want 5 right footed wingers, so 3 have got to go and we need probably 2 left footed wingers.

Preferred foot and preferred wing aren’t necessary the same though

Bernard, Richarlison and Lookman are tight footed but prefer to be on the left so they can cut in.

Walcott is our only natural right winger but he’s also right footed

But yeah we defo need a left footer who can do the cutting in on the right

Well there's a lot of moving parts in it.

1. Place in the squad - personally I do think there is a place for him btw, but atm if he's seen as a winger then MS is right in what he says.
2. Other clubs' interest
3. Player - is he happy if he'd only be a squad player when he's getting regular and possibly CL footu
4. The main factor here, the work permit. ATM he hasn't played anywhere close to what he needs to do in order to get a work permit. We'd have to get him in under a 'special talent' (or something along those lines) permit. It's probably doable.

But you also have to throw in whether he's really a player we can turn our noses up at selling for say, dunno £18m (so around €20m) and that could go towards someone else, considering we may still have to jump through loads of hoops to get him in.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here btw. I hope we do bring him back and get the permit. Every time I've seen him he's looked very raw but also full of potential too.

Thanks it's a head sctratcher the easy sensible thing is to get the supposed cash of bayern but if he turns out to be a world beater then dam.

Status
Not open for further replies.