Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we started seeing some movement in the next 3 weeks.

Imagine we will sell Vlasic for around what we bought him and install a buyback option and same with Henry in Turkey.

The rest can go for buttons bar Tosun and Bolasie I believe we will try and get as much back as we can.

Proper plan for our best youngsters from that u23 crop.

Could be very exciting again.

Then we have incoming players again a mixture of astute purchases and one or two bigger name who we believe we can eventually sell for huge money, Neres as example.

if we move either of them on we should be looking around 20m for them not just getting our money back

word-image-11.jpeg

I know its not what your looking for, but it interested me anyway.

http://priceoffootball.com/tag/everton/
http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2017/01/everton-pressure-drop.html

Maybe its there somewhere, I cant find it anyway.

Are they annual amortization/liability/book price figures or net long term figures mate (over the length of the contract)?

I think we may be getting caught up in all using different semantics and terms to explain the same thing.

Going to be a busy summer

Moshiri has apparently said that they have identified 23 players who can leave - and have sounded out 9 potential incoming players
9 players? Where’s he gettin the dough from? Gotta be an Uzbekistani involved somewhere

Hypothetically if we have are selling players at their peak value then both Gana and Sigurdsson should be sold which could bring us in £60mil and £200k a week wages.

Then we build a 433 system using the other players and additions.

It appears as though if Brands is saying we wont be spending big money on players over 26 then we theoretically will be spending big on those under 26.

With Brands saying we already have our targets im surprised that theres nothing in the media (bar Neres)...

Hoping we get in some absolute rapid youth players with aggression this summer, hungry and technically able to grow.

*Energise the South American Wonderkids Klaxons*

Are they annual amortization/liability/book price figures or net long term figures mate (over the length of the contract)?

I think we may be getting caught up in all using different semantics and terms to explain the same thing.
Those are the years amortization expenses. They mirror the statement of accounts, that's where they come from. You could probably go through each transfer, the length of the contract, and ballpark / project it for the next several years if you wanted to. The jump this past year is pretty consistent with the increase in annual amounts.

Keep in mind, it's a non-cash transaction, it means virtually nothing other than to help calculate the profit/loss on transfers.

I see him and Dom as poles apart in development needs, its difficult to accommodate Ade in a team system and shape and play a role without the ball but he has end product and individual brilliance, he needs to learn to broaden his team game before he can be included in the starting 11 IMO. With Dom i see him fitting a system and team game excellently but lacking in end product.

I see a massive ceiling with Ade and what he can do, cant be coached, thankfully what he is lacking can be, if he is clever enough to learn it.
What we need is a player with Ade's ability and end product combined with Dom's work ethic and attitude.;)

As I say, with Lookman, he's got to want to do it and want to do it here if we're to keep him.

Let make things clear here.

People are mentioning Maddison, Brooks and Grealish as examples. I don’t agree these players are good enough for Everton if we have the aspiration of breaking into top 6.

I am not saying lower leagues players cannot improve a top side. Of course not. Many players were bought in from lower leagues but they were bought as youth players/prospect/investment. Things like Chelsea and City do.

Can you recall a top 7th side buy a Championship player and put him in the line-up instantly and got instant success? I just can’t recall one in recent years (Cahill and Lescott of course). That’s what I am saying all along.
None of them would improve our team next season I agree. I don't know much about Grealish other than his attitude has been questionable at times when he was younger, but both Maddison and Brooks are young players who could offer a definite upside with experience. By the time they reach their peak at say 25/26, I wouldn't be surprised if either player, Brooks in particular, were performing very well in a top 6 premier team.

If either player were in our squad now I'd be happy to have them. I certainly wouldn't be looking to offload them just because they're not top 6 ready right now.

Think most would agree that we need 3 top, top players this summer. A striker, right winger and a right back. All of whom can go straight into the first team for the start of next season.

Not including potentially Gomes and maybe Zouma or another CB.

Enjoying the Haller shouts.
Pavard at Stuttgart would be an interesting one as they hover above relegation..looked full of potential at the world cup last year.

Think most would agree that we need 3 top, top players this summer. A striker, right winger and a right back. All of whom can go straight into the first team for the start of next season.

Not including potentially Gomes and maybe Zouma or another CB.

Enjoying the Haller shouts.
Pavard at Stuttgart would be an interesting one as they hover above relegation..looked full of potential at the world cup last year.

Pavard already gone to Bayern...great shout :)

Status
Not open for further replies.