Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lad who got the train yesterday 1st class day with his dad next to brands, chatted all the way, Gomes looks done as he wants to stay, 30 mil euros, zouma difficult due to Chelsea situation, wan Bissaka too pricey but interest in rb’s in general.virginia will be 2 nd choice next year.
Interest in the ajax kid
He was off to watch someone in Europe and back for u23 game
Fraser hornby going on loan

Was back in time for the game!

:cool:

He should easily be our top target at RB and have him splitting time with Coleman his first season and taking over completely in 2-3. Absolute undeniable talent and only 18 years old.

Last edited:
With Gomes out you realise just how paper thin our squad is. We have nobody remotely of his level to come in.
Even when he is in he notoriously does not play well against teams that sit back invite pressure and break on the counter. He doesn’t have the pace or positional discipline to deal with it which is worrying for a player his age. Playing teams like Tottenham, Newcastle, Bournemouth, and Leicester he was a liability in the midfield out of possession. Being at Barcelona highlighted this even more as that’s what they play against 95% of the time.

I would suggest there is approx £100 million in outgoings IF we can sell them,

Bolasie - 10M
Besic - 8-9M
Tosun- 10-15M
Walcott- 10M
Schneiderlin-12M
Sandro- ?
Gana (hopefully not) 30M
Mirallas- 5M?
McCarthy- 5-8M
Niasse 5-8M

I’m sure there are others too, jags and baines etc would be going on free transfers. Huge saving on wages too. So IF we did generate that money back in to the club plus maybe the same again put in to the club there’s reason to think that it could be a busy summer, but would prefer quality over quantity

I think most of them will go on a free or loaned out until contract ends. Gana is the only one with any half decent sell on value. The only teams willing to take a punt on half of them won’t pay those prices along with the wages they are on. I think we will take a bit of a hit on some players but it may be worth it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.