Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the need for us to raise funds and lessen the wage bill, but selling players who have room for further development and with that large fees seems premature. There has to be a question on their importance to the team right now, which is fair, but the biggest question mark on these players is can we grow them beyond the fees that we can generate this summer. The answer to all three is yes, but can we offer them growth within our ranks or are we ready to get what we can?

With so little back up available they could easily be adequate back up, but that’s got to be balanced against what is in the market and which options would benefit us the most.

Lookman and Onyekuru look dangerous, I would be more willing to sell Walcott at this time. Vlasic is a difficult one as he looks talented but I suspect a second loan in a more challenging league would be best for him - to boost his value (I realise the risk could see his value slump, but he could crack on and get us a much bigger fee).

I reckon

Lookmans attitude may see him sold
Onyekuru it depends on the bid size
Vlasic depends on bid size

I agree with you on loaning vlasic again if we cant get £25mil or if hes happy to stay

I reckon

Lookmans attitude may see him sold
Onyekuru it depends on the bid size
Vlasic depends on bid size

I agree with you on loaning vlasic again if we cant get £25mil or if hes happy to stay

Brands will no doubt be guided to drop the wage bill as a main focus, but just hope he’s not too distracted and we lose some of the young talent we have as a consequence.

The wage situation is hopefully largely resolved this summer as the longer that problem runs on its only going to hinder his long term objectives.

I’ll finish on a positive, the dirge albeit not all but most will be off the books on loan again and potentially some of the lads whose contracts run out next year can be offloaded on super low fees. Garbutt and Galloway if offered on frees would receive interest surely - about £50k on wages and you would hope that leaves energy to resolve more difficult issues such as Sandro, Mirallas & Bolasie.

I feel confident we will address the main issues within our team in the summer, but looking at the competition not only above us - West Ham, Wolves & Leicester those teams are likely to spend again. Hopefully, they get some set-backs and lose some of their better players. Although, like us their better players have only just joined them or cane through so they could potentially put up a good fight to keep them.

Leicester on paper have a good young team, but like us lack consistency and it’s difficult for me to see exactly where they would improve. Wolves and West Ham the same, you add a good player into their teams and you are taking out one of their better performers.

We at least have a few problem areas to address. The lack of a centre forward and as bad as we’ve been still sees us close to them. Add in the problems with CM and RB and it’s clear there is plenty of room for improvement. Hopefully these cretins get it fabulously wrong and overspend on dirge. Praying it all goes wrong for Wolves.

I understand the model we are applying and it’s not really too different to Leicester’s or Wolves, no doubt we could be directly competing with them but West Ham are the ones that are happy to spend a little more on a slightly older player - Which hopefully sees them fall victims.

There’s no way we go into next season with DCL as our main striker. Just hoping it clicks for us - could really do with some good fortune.

Striker and physically dominant midfielder still needed. Gomes would be a great addition, but those two have been needed for probably two seasons now. Without them we will have days like today. Also the attitude of our players is flaky.

Striker and physically dominant midfielder still needed. Gomes would be a great addition, but those two have been needed for probably two seasons now. Without them we will have days like today. Also the attitude of our players is flaky.
Yup. So obvious. Put another dominant physical player in midfield and a decent CF that can finish as well as hold the ball up and these games against teams we should beat would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.