Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were linked with both Digne and Mina for a while too before the deals were finally sorted. Zouma and Gomes came out of the blue though, possibly because they were loan deals. Maybe we'll find something similar this summer as we get closer to deadline day. I can see that right back from Atletico coming on loan, perhaps with an option to buy next summer.
The one right back I'd love us to get would be Joakim Mæhle. Bags of potential that lad. Not sold on Arias tbh.

Seriously @Eggs how many players do you think you have highlighted as potential signings for us, over the course of your transfer round up? It must be something like 50 players I’d guess.

....I absolutely agree, but all i’m saying is that there’s usually a rumour before a signing, the difficulty is identifying which ones are accurate. Kean has been a regular, though, whilst others get a brief mention and disappear.

Seriously @Eggs how many players do you think you have highlighted as potential signings for us, over the course of your transfer round up? It must be something like 50 players I’d guess.
....I absolutely agree, but all i’m saying is that there’s usually a rumour before a signing, the difficulty is identifying which ones are accurate. Kean has been a regular, though, whilst others get a brief mention and disappear.
Who's the one that has all the rumors this summer attached to his profile? Should know this but he has it at the bottom of all his posts. Regardless it was way more than I feel were ever on the shortlist

Highlight of a loan deal, if he can’t cut it sound goes back and we can find a proper replacement next summer when we have less work to do in regards to moving the squad around.
Probably a good solution yeah. Also doubt Mæhle's club KRC Genk would be willing to do business and the player himself already stated a few times, he wants to play in the CL with Genk.

....some jarg ones, but I think I mentioned Welbeck once in the last two months of daily updates and even that was an aside.

Generally speaking, though, I do think that news breaks ahead of an actual transfer.

It does actually depend on the source, from what I can see you first mentioned Kean 2 weeks ago. A story from FootMercato, confirmed by Andy Hunter, you dont get a more solid link.

- FootMercato also reckon Everton are only interested in a loan deal for Juventus striker, Moise Kean. The Guardian’s Andy Hunter suggests Kean is a Toffees target but no official bid has been made for the 19 year old.

On the same day.

- The Metro suggest Manchester City have issued a ‘hands off’ warning to Everton regarding their interest in midfielder Fabian Delph.

So its a case of trying to shift through the trash, but most players we will sign are linked in some way before they are signed.

Somebody somewhere will always know something.

Hope I'm wrong.

Despite the increase in goals last year we got needlessly ripped apart, often by bang average teams.
And it gets down to his approach.
Its not going to get you into the top 4.

It took him far too long in the season to replace Richarlison with Walcott (a no brainer)
Yet he's talking about liking two diff types of wingers in Bernard and Richarlison.
Is he not making things up as he goes along.

He is implying he likes inverted wingers with overlapping fullbacks
yet also wants to play a hybrid pressing-counter.
Thats chaos when trying to organise a midfield defence.
With Gana gone and if he continues that way it'll be at least another half a season down the drain.

Much prefer getting a forward line which by its presence of talent and the way it moves, does either
1) creates the time and space for mids and fullbacks to play
or 2) is serious a threat from the counter
Either way you can plan a good defence around them while getting goals.

Crap that mate. It doesn't even rhyme.

I think a lot of agents use Everton’s name to either to gain new contracts for their player or sell him to another club. You’re right though all our signings thus far have been rumoured to join us in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.