Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 out of our 6 signings (if I recall correctly) were made on or around last deadline day.

Thats half our business - whilst the Mina deal was obviously going to go to the wire Gomes & Zouma deals felt a bit last minute.

It was understandable as Brands and Silva were new in their jobs however this time around we've had plenty of times to assess targets.

Surely if we repeat the above and do the majority of our business on the last day of the window its unnecessary risky?

If negotiations involve buy back clauses etc. Like Mina and potentially Kean thats fair enough as we need to ensure we get the best deal possible however if its loan deals or haggling over a few quid for me it has the Chairmans MO all over it.
you do that Brands recommended Gomes to Moshiri when he was first approached for the DOF job in 2016

Window shuts TWO weeks on Thursday (8th August). By Thursday, the window will have been open for 10 weeks. Barely 20% of the window to go.

Hell of a lot needs to happen, both incomings and outgoings for this to resemble anywhere close to a respectable window.
1563825937394.png

To me he's one of the few players who might be in reach for us that could be a top level attacker if he took to the league. There are certainly questions over his style but I'd personally take the chance given his track record of production.
I don’t think he would class us as an “elite team” which is what he has his heart set on moving to. If he did come here I could see him trying to angle another move asap if a bigger club came in for him. Apparently there are also rumours that he has a bit of an attitude problem which is maybe why there are no big clubs snapping him up

I don’t think he would class us as an “elite team” which is what he has his heart set on moving to. If he did come here I could see him trying to angle another move asap if a bigger club came in for him. Apparently there are also rumours that he has a bit of an attitude problem which is maybe why there are no big clubs snapping him up
Yeah I know it would be tough to convince him but maybe a lot of money and some persuading that he could lead us forward he might go for it. Probably not but worth a try.

The attitude thing I can't really speak too. I know that he works hard when he's playing so that's enough for me. I heard that some big clubs aren't sure he will do as well in a team where he isn't getting on the ball as much. It's a weird one because surely a team like United or Bayern that need wingers should be interested at the price being talked about. At least half of Pepe.

This is a point that feels SO obvious it should not need saying but...you can only buy when the other party is ready to sell. Most selling teams like to run it late into the window to flush out as much interest as possible. This only changes if a club is desperate for £ or someone makes an offer so ridiculously large you bite their hand off.

For example it is now 2 weeks since the first report RBL had a deal for Lookman. That was them trying to force our hand. As I type & despite Sky’s claims RBL still do not have a deal agreed with us for Lookman because they are still not offering enough up front or in total. It is edging closer but painfully slowly as they do not want to over pay and we do not want to under sell. It is exactly the same for us trying to buy. Gomes was early as we had a year to negotiate. Delph was cheap enough to be a no-brainer but most deals are slow and painful unless you overpay like Steve Walsh!

Djibril Sidibe, up for sale for 15million euros, apparently. He was exceptional attacking in a four four two that year Jardim won the league, but looking at how Mendy fared at man city he could have same issues. Might be worth signing though if he can reclaim his best form, Monaco have been garbage for 18 months.
we don't play 4-4-2

The manager has openly said that Delph is not a replacement for Gana and if Gana is sold WE WILL be buying a DIRECT replacement
Ok mate I know this. My point was he is an insurance policy if we don't replace. And it wouldn't be the first time would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.