Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone pointed out yesterday; let's take a look at who hadn't signed last Summer as of 21st July:

Richarlison - 24th July - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44946473
Digne - 1st August - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45024174
Bernard - 9th August - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bernard-signs-with-everton/view/news/316185
Gomes - 9th August - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11467329/everton-loan-andre-gomes-from-barcelona
Mina - 9th August - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45120522
Zouma - 10th August - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45142211

Stop flapping.

The problem is leaving things to deadline day is very risky.

What happens if we get sissoko'd on one or two deals? Or agents become divvies last minute ala Besic? Or talks breakdown?

It leaves us with little to no time to get in a replacement.

Add in it also means you potentially sacrifice results in the first 1-3 games as the signings are not ready to start the season /need to be bedded in (we finished 3 points off Europe last season so 1 result can be the difference).

I appreciate some deals inevitably go down to the wire however its not exactly an ideal tactic.

I refuse to believe Brands play's the game that risky and still think it has the smell of Kenwrong all over it.

What happens if we get sissoko'd on one or two deals? Or agents become divvies last minute ala Besic? Or talks breakdown?

Add in it also means you potentially sacrifice results in the first 1-3 games as the signings are not ready to start the season /need to be bedded in (we finished 3 points off Europe this season so 1 result can be the difference).

I appreciate some deals inevitably go down to the wire however its not exactly an ideal tactic.

I refuse to believe Brands play's the game that risky and still think it has the smell of Kenwrong all over it.

Wait, you think Marcel waited till deadline day to pick up the phone and try get these deals done? lol

Add in it also means you potentially sacrifice results in the first 1-3 games as the signings are not ready to start the season /need to be bedded in (we finished 3 points off Europe last season so 1 result can be the difference).

Kenwright is only involved with BMD stuff these days, does'nt have anything to do with transfer stuff anymore thank god.

Wait, you think Marcel waited till deadline day to pick up the phone and try get these deals done? lol

3 out of our 6 signings (if I recall correctly) were made on or around last deadline day.

Thats half our business - whilst the Mina deal was obviously going to go to the wire Gomes & Zouma deals felt a bit last minute.

It was understandable as Brands and Silva were new in their jobs however this time around we've had plenty of times to assess targets.

Surely if we repeat the above and do the majority of our business on the last day of the window its unnecessary risky?

If negotiations involve buy back clauses etc. Like Mina and potentially Kean thats fair enough as we need to ensure we get the best deal possible however if its loan deals or haggling over a few quid for me it has the Chairmans MO all over it.

3 out of our 6 signings (if I recall correctly) were made on or around last deadline day.

Thats half our business - whilst the Mina deal was obviously going to go to the wire Gomes & Zouma deals felt a bit last minute.

It was understandable as Brands and Silva were new in their jobs however this time around we've had plenty of times to assess targets.

Surely if we repeat the above and do the majority of our business on the last day of the window its unnecessary risky?

If negotiations involve buy back clauses etc. Like Mina and potentially Kean thats fair enough as we need to ensure we get the best deal possible however if its loan deals or haggling over a few quid for me it has the Chairmans MO all over it.
Brands is a professional, man. Guys like that don’t get Sissoko’d.

Ha mate...God forbid if anything major comes your way in life if Everton transfer have actually got you really worried. If this is actually the case i'am really worried for you! Ha

Not really sure what youre gettin at here, just stating the point that im not sure we will be able to effectively execute our system without the league's leading no. 4

Only Zouma was last minute, we were linked with moving for Gomes around the same time as we made the first move for Mina

There is no evidence that we are haggling over any deal, just baseless paper speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.