Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to that they’ve lost £36m and we’ve lost £13m, so surely we’re less skint than them.
We've not lost 13M. Not for FFP calculations we haven't. We also had a record loss and aren't anywhere near 105M over the past three years. Look, we are going to dump players this window and drop our wages significantly. We will be fine.

We've not lost 13M. Not for FFP calculations we haven't. We also had a record loss and aren't anywhere near 105M over the past three years. Look, we are going to dump players this window and drop our wages significantly. We will be fine.

Of course we will.

People think that when I say we are skint it means we wont make any signings, we will, Brands knows what needs to be done.

Or a cash injection. Tbh it is concerning regarding the losses over 3 years not breaching 105 million. What’s the penalty if a club breaches that rule?

Tbf to Esk (which by the way I in no way generally support the dour stuff he says) does raise a very genuine concern.

We can’t just keep spending big money without consequences.

UNLESS we get significant player sales and/ or new cash injections through commercial deals. Moshiri pumping in his own money doesn’t count towards those specific loss rules
We are nowhere near falling foul of those rules, 2 years ago we posted 30 million profit, last year 13 million loss so unless we report a loss of 132 million this year we'll be OK

We are nowhere near falling foul of those rules, 2 years ago we posted 30 million profit, last year 13 million loss so unless we report a loss of 132 million this year we'll be OK

Esk claims and I assume hes done the working out :

By my estimates (again I accept there’s a margin for error) without profitable player sales or a significant increase in income in 2019/20 our accumulated losses after removing Bramley-Moore and academy costs (£48 million) are in the order of £155 million, potentially £50 million above the permitted losses.

People seem to forget that we hit the Chinese Credit Card and our overdraft HARD the last few years.

Nothing against Esk but the manager has clearly said we are targeting 3/4 more and im assuming that he knows more about our finances

Ive just read that Esk piece, hes not saying we wont spend, hes simply saying that we need to be clever with our spending, otherwise FFP is gonna hurt us.

We have 15-20 players we could sell there, even loans lower the wage bill, get us some small fees.

Again, if we can lower the wage bill, by removing 15 or 20 players from it, we have LOADS of wiggle room cash wise.

3-4 is exactly what I was hoping we would target after getting Zouma.

Really think we will have a couple of CM’s
Move on and Silva will want that area addressing

Status
Not open for further replies.