Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok. I wouldn’t look at the wages as wasted money though, unless he comes in and isn’t used. They’d go to an alternative player if we got one no matter what age they are. If we could get Delph for under £10m then I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Could be like when we got Barry in.
Barry was a free though. And is a better player. Problem is we could have him and schneiderlin sitting on the bench or in the stands on 200k a week between them.

If we sell Schneiderlin and buy Delph. We are just swapping like for like. In terms of money. We will obviously have to pay big wages to one or two players every summer. I’d imagine Gomes & Zouma won’t be on a small wage. But we’re supposed to be bringing the wage bill down.

Look at Sosa. Who knows if we are genuinely in for him or not. But he’s probably on buttons in Argentina. So we could give him 30k a week and have him as a back up for the defensive midfield role.

In the future if we are around the champions league places, then maybe we will buy the odd 30yr old and put him on big wages, but I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

Icardi to Juve would be perfect for us...kind of. Would hope, at that point, Kean would want to play and we are an excellent club for that.
Who knows if the link is true or not. But even with out Icardi they still have Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain and Mandzucic. So he’s going to be spending a lot of time on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.