Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point being made (albeit probably poorly) was one of representation. It was a fair point.

What I would say though is that language and nuance is important, especially when it comes to these kind of topics.

I know it’s easy to feel like it’s all PC gone mad but it’s not PC. It’s appreciating that people may be offended by certain language or behaviour. And having empathy for that. It’s appreciating intersectionality and difference of experience and accepting that not every cohort of people will have the same thoughts or feelings.

It’s hard to navigate, the rules change all the time, it’s confusing and frustrating. But that doesn’t mean it’s wrong or PC has gone too far. The status quo is being challenged and that’s always difficult.

(This isn’t directed at you by the way, it’s a broader point).
Nothing to do with the thread topic of the Summer Transfer Window ??
Let's stay on topic eh ???

[Publication is blacklisted due to spam] Sport linking us with Seb Haller.

And when I say ‘linking’, I mean saying “Everton should sign him”

You know it’s a slow news day when [Publication is blacklisted due to spam] can’t even be arsed to make up a fake “our sources tell us...” for the article.
Just “He’s good, Everton should sign him”

Anyway, as you were.
Does the blacklisted publication rhyme with "ate my tv"? Because that kind of idle speculation is one of the only things that site ever posts. The other type is where they comment on rumors that showed up in some other site. They'll even post comments on twitter rumors. It's all just an excuse for them to get player and team names in their headlines. I don't think they even pretend to have their own sources. It's pure clickbait, totally devoid of any actual information.

I doubt he was trying to be racist mate. Maybe suggesting that a young black person in a notoriously racist country would no doubt worship a black player playing for Italys biggest club.

This forum has gone on racist and bigot accusing over drive

Your days are numbered.

I don't think he was intentionally being racist but the way he's worded it doesn't do him any favors, I'll just leave it at that since I myself have moaned about this thread being off topic at times

Ye it wasn't 'dancing on egg shells' enough to appease the currant climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.