• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed a very fair outcome I think.
I don't think he was intentionally being racist but the way he's worded it doesn't do him any favors, I'll just leave it at that since I myself have moaned about this thread being off topic at times

Racist remarks such as this will result in a permanent ban.

Got nothing to do with me I know but in the same way I will say something when someone is being rasist, I've got to say something when someone is being accused of being rasist when they don't seem to be.

For me he seems to be referencing the racism in Italy and how a young black person would find a black footballer in that country relatable/inspirational.

For something to be rasist it has to be referenced in a derogatory or negative manner. At the very most you could say he was being flippant But that would be about the statment on the whole not just one isolated sentence.

Got nothing to do with me I know but in the same way I will say something when someone is being rasist, I've got to say something when someone is being accused of being rasist when they don't seem to be.

For me he seems to be referencing the racism in Italy and how a young black person would find a black footballer in that country relatable/inspirational.

For something to be rasist it has to be referenced in a derogatory or negative manner. At the very most you could say he was being flippant But that would be about the statment on the whole not just one isolated sentence.
Well he wants to get good at phrasing then.

I doubt he was trying to be racist mate. Maybe suggesting that a young black person in a notoriously racist country would no doubt worship a black player playing for Italys biggest club.

This forum has gone on racist and bigot accusing over drive
See above

Reckon on keans arlfeller saying he wants the inter move? His agent is that chump riola init so he'll send him to whoever pays the best wont he ( us )

I doubt he was trying to be racist mate. Maybe suggesting that a young black person in a notoriously racist country would no doubt worship a black player playing for Italys biggest club.

This forum has gone on racist and bigot accusing over drive
You'll be accused of being racist now for this for defending him
I think he worded it poorly than being racist but I can see the mods stance on it doesn't look good the way he put it out like that.
I’ve read back and lifted the ban.

He’s not being racist at all.

No. Read back.

He’s clearly not being racist.

He’s actually saying how bad racism is.

Don’t be so quick to judge. Ban lifted.
I'm going to go back and delete these posts because I clearly phrased them poorly but as the lads who came to my defense said my point was that he was trying to find some type of inspiration in a culture that treated him poorly. He lived in Italy his whole life and wasn't a citizen until he was 18! Anyway no hard feelings and thanks.

I'm going to go back and delete these posts because I clearly phrased them poorly but as the lads who came to my defense said my point was that he was trying to find some type of inspiration in a culture that treated him poorly. He lived in Italy his whole life and wasn't a citizen until he was 18! Anyway no hard feelings and thanks.
It’s ok, sometimes things don’t come across clearly in text.

Well he wants to get good at phrasing then.

So because you are bad at phrasing You can be banned from the fourm while being accused of something as terrible as racism?

Dictionary definition of racism:
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

None of that was there in his statment. Referencing someone's skin coulor dosent make you rasist.

Status
Not open for further replies.