Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no, it’s not a daft question. The answer gives me an idea of how someone values the risk. Especially in the context of what he’s said previously. I asked because I wanted to get a feel for the posters approach.

For instance, I think 5-10 goals a season is a reasonable return for a £20m striker.

I’d pay over £40m for a 10-15 goal striker and not be disappointed.

Anything north of 15 goals and it’d be closer to £60.

Now none of that suggests you can’t get any of those things for less money. But it gives an indication of what my expectations would be. Which was my question.
There’s a few different aspects to that.

I think it depends whether you’re talking reasonable expectation or minimum expectation. It’s reasonable to expect about 10 goals from a £20m striker in the current market, but probably not reasonable to demand 10 as a minimum.

That brings me to the 2nd point, which is your parameters are too big. Without wanting to state the obvious, 10 is literally twice as many as 5, there’s an enormous difference between a striker scoring 5 and 10 and I wouldn’t put them in the same price bracket at all.

It depends on the team you play for of course, but with our other attacking players around them I would honestly back Sambou, hornby, Simms etc to get 5 goals in 38 games, and they ain’t £20m players.

About 5, but the whole point of buying a player like Kean is the belief that he will become a better player than that over time, but that could take 2-3 years. It might happen straight away and then we look very smart. But we have to be prepared and realistic
I totally agree.

I was just trying to understand where you would value £20m. As you made it clear £60m would be 15-20 and a consistent 15-20 would be £90m.

Basically the more goals you’d expect for £20m, the more risk averse you would be.

Would be INCREDIBLY surprised if there’s truth to these Kean rumours he’s one of Europe’s brightest prospects isn’t he?

I wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow had this not got the horrific subterfuge of Raiola pulling the strings in the background.

The sources the rumours are emanating from, and the pieces in play smack of him manoeuvering his pawns into position to scab himself more filthy lucre.

It's on

Would be INCREDIBLY surprised if there’s truth to these Kean rumours he’s one of Europe’s brightest prospects isn’t he?
Between his contract being up shortly, Juve not liking his behavior (which includes blaming him for being racially abused so do one for that you rapist defending zebras), and Raiola being behind him and always looking for a good fee to line his pockets with it really does seem plausible that he could leave.

I went back and watched the highlights of that for the first time and it's way worse than I remembered.
I was away on holiday and recorded the game. I knew we played well in the second half so just watched that when I got home.

My abiding memory of that second half was how a centre back could influence the attacking play of his team to such an extent. John Stones was absolutely imperious in that 45 minutes in the way he drove us forward, time after time.

I don't see that player any more when I watch City. I don't see him striding out of defence with the ball or trying 40 yard defence splitting passes. Strange as it may seem, going to City has actually taken the footballer out of him. All I see now is 10 yard passes to other defenders or holding midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.