Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think this has been the plan since the moment we signed him.

Richarlison isn't that creative, not a great crosser, not really much of a dribbler - but he's a natural goalscorer - gets into great positions, good with his head and can finish with both feet

He doesn't really have the skill set of a natural winger

Almost certain there was an interview with Silva when he was at Watford when he said Richarlison would probably end up as a striker

There were games he impressed as a striker last season, mostly the ones where the opposing teams weren't sitting deep, but he obviously still has a lot to learn there. The fact we've been so heavily linked with Neres makes me almost certain that this is the plan - we wouldn't be spending that sort of money on a winger (or indeed Malcom) to plan to have one of Richarlison, Bernard or Neres/Malcom on the bench
A goal scorer yes, A striker no, He gets bullied too much and goes to the ground way too often. He can't take a kicking like DCL does or run after the ball like DCL does, He did impress in some but if he was our main striker I'd be seriously worried.

Think Ziyech will only move for a top team, he's supposedly already rejected a few teams so thats pretty much a no go.

My dream signing for the left would be Zaha and Brands has said he will only pay big money for PL proven players. Valued at around £65mill, we could send Lookman the other way to get the fee down.

Whether or not he would come is a different matter. Yes we are much better than Palace but not elite level. Would he leave for us or wait for one of the CL clubs, none of who are showing interest. Dont know why Utd are not going all out to get him back

...not sure what a ‘proven PL player is’, given he successfully brought in Gomes, Digne and Bernard on big bucks contracts. He’ll pay big money for a top player from a European club because they generally represent more value. Not a big fan of Zaha, personally. He’s better quality than Bolasie but I reckon he’s a similar type.

Yes!!

I should go for Duvan Zapata, Timo Werner or Haller
Werner will only be signing for one team so unless we change our name to Bayern Munich it won't be us. Zapata is great but is also 28 and Atalanta are playing in the CL next year. Haller is the only plausible one and would be excellent but Frankfurt also sold Jovic this summer.

Kean has a lot of smoke but to me there is still a long way to go before that is even close to real. Rafael Leao is still a good shout in my opinion but no real links there at the moment.

A goal scorer yes, A striker no, He gets bullied too much and goes to the ground way too often. He can't take a kicking like DCL does or run after the ball like DCL does, He did impress in some but if he was our main striker I'd be seriously worried.

I'm not necessarily advocating it, I'm just saying I can see the thought process. He works hard, presses well and his movement is usually good. He doesn't have quite the pace that DCL has and he certainly can't play with his back to goal like DCL can, but there are attributes there you can work with.

The main thing, to me, is whether we spend big on a winger. If we do, I'd be amazed if we do the same on a striker

Personally, I would swerve Neres. I get the hype, but I just can't shift the feeling that he'd be an expensive flop and we need another one of those like a hole in the head.

With that said, I do quite like the idea of having a mobile, more-or-less interchangeable front 3/4 like that lot across the park do; I am not a big fan of deploying Richarlison up front for a whole game, but the thought of him, Bernard and A.N. Other nippy/tricky forward swapping and changing and giving defenders nightmares does bring me great joy.

As for who might represent less of a gamble in that mould than Neres, I can't offer too many names though I can say that Zaha would also be a big 'nope' from me, as well. Malcom would obviously fit nicely into our current strategy, and I actually quite like the look of Traore (though he might be a bit too Deulofeu in terms of consistency levels).

Saving what I am sure will be by far the least popular sentiment for last, I actually don't hate the Mitrovic/Rondon shouts. Lets assume we can box off the wide forward for £25m-£30m and then Mitrovic/Rondon for c£15m, I'd be happier than were we to chuck £50m at Ajax for Neres. They basically give us all the physicality of DCL with better finishing and, in Mitrovic's case, a lovely bit of snide thrown in. A handy Plan B for when our silky front line isn't doing the job.

I'm not necessarily advocating it, I'm just saying I can see the thought process. He works hard, presses well and his movement is usually good. He doesn't have quite the pace that DCL has and he certainly can't play with his back to goal like DCL can, but there are attributes there you can work with.

The main thing, to me, is whether we spend big on a winger. If we do, I'd be amazed if we do the same on a striker
He does need to be more creative to stay wide long term but I think he has the ability to do that with a slightly better striker and more time playing with this team.

Werner will only be signing for one team so unless we change our name to Bayern Munich it won't be us. Zapata is great but is also 28 and Atalanta are playing in the CL next year. Haller is the only plausible one and would be excellent but Frankfurt also sold Jovic this summer.

Kean has a lot of smoke but to me there is still a long way to go before that is even close to real. Rafael Leao is still a good shout in my opinion but no real links there at the moment.

Well we've already changed our accounting period recently, and I'd be surprised if there's a company in the UK called "Bayern Munich". Could be worth a shot...

Personally, I would swerve Neres. I get the hype, but I just can't shift the feeling that he'd be an expensive flop and we need another one of those like a hole in the head.

With that said, I do quite like the idea of having a mobile, more-or-less interchangeable front 3/4 like that lot across the park do; I am not a big fan of deploying Richarlison up front for a whole game, but the thought of him, Bernard and A.N. Other nippy/tricky forward swapping and changing and giving defenders nightmares does bring me great joy.

As for who might represent less of a gamble in that mould than Neres, I can't offer too many names though I can say that Zaha would also be a big 'nope' from me, as well. Malcom would obviously fit nicely into our current strategy, and I actually quite like the look of Traore (though he might be a bit too Deulofeu in terms of consistency levels).

Saving what I am sure will be by far the least popular sentiment for last, I actually don't hate the Mitrovic/Rondon shouts. Lets assume we can box off the wide forward for £25m-£30m and then Mitrovic/Rondon for c£15m, I'd be happier than were we to chuck £50m at Ajax for Neres. They basically give us all the physicality of DCL with better finishing and, in Mitrovic's case, a lovely bit of snide thrown in. A handy Plan B for when our silky front line isn't doing the job.
The thing with Neres is, I dont think we would pay over £50mill for him, at least not in one upfront payment, the fact we got Gomes for such a low fee fills me joy that Brands seems to negotiate fees well. Also, it is that much of a risk? I am sure Brands knows him pretty well already, will know his personality and how he would fit in at Everton, so I dont think its as much as a risk as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.