Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Santiago Arias, from Atlético de Madrid, is Marco first choice in the market for RB. Everton will try to bring him to compete with Seamus Coleman
Look at this boy go.
HE HAS SPOKEN
The Echo linked him yesterday.
I think you might have something there.
Brands will know all about Arias from when he played at PSV.
Bought by Brands for PSV for 650k, sold later for 11m.

Would make sense this with Arias / Mina as the right half of our defence and Zouma / Digne the left half.....Colombia-France.

Seems an odd signing otherwise.

Arias played shared playing time with a 34 year old Juanfran last season and played a fair bit. Juanfran is leaving this summer so unless Atletico are signing two right backs it might be unlikely that he'll be sold..

He was only bought last summer too for about £10m. If they're willing to sell him then we might get him for a decent price?
c8h3zt7i99kcmtn94y4lktk4d.jpg

Why does this Neres kids eyes always look like he’s just woken up, or is incredibly stoned all the time? lol

He doesnt want the opposition to know where hes going next...also, could be great at penalties.

Feels like going into Martinez' first season again for me. If we have a strong window I can't see how we shouldn't challenge for Top 4. Everyone wants out of United and they've basically got their version of Unsworth as a manager, Chelsea in the exact same boat with Lampard coming in and Arsenal are Arsenal.

You've City, those and Spurs if they manage to keep their best players and improve basically guaranteed top 3. Last spot is wide open for the taking and Top 6 should be a minimum as the teams around us aren't anything special.

Can see Lampard keeping Zouma so he's probably off the table unless he forced a move himself so a CB, Andre and a CF could really get us on the right path and with more depth added elsewhere I would have high hopes.

The likes of Neres being constantly linked is a great sign too just need to get deals done. If it means other players have to sit out a couple games so be it. I'm sick of having 13 or 14 good players and being let down once injuries or fatigue sets in. We need 17 or 18 players who can start for us on any given match day, not the same 11 every week that's how teams get figured out. Every team in the Top 6 aren't just good first 11s, they're good squads.

It's the optimism that's a killer though so can't wait until Palace hammer us 5-0 day one because Everton. :D:hayee:

Feels like going into Martinez' first season again for me. If we have a strong window I can't see how we shouldn't challenge for Top 4. Everyone wants out of United and they've basically got their version of Unsworth as a manager, Chelsea in the exact same boat with Lampard coming in and Arsenal are Arsenal.

You've City, those and Spurs if they manage to keep their best players and improve basically guaranteed top 3. Last spot is wide open for the taking and Top 6 should be a minimum as the teams around us aren't anything special.

Can see Lampard keeping Zouma so he's probably off the table unless he forced a move himself so a CB, Andre and a CF could really get us on the right path and with more depth added elsewhere I would have high hopes.

The likes of Neres being constantly linked is a great sign too just need to get deals done. If it means other players have to sit out a couple games so be it. I'm sick of having 13 or 14 good players and being let down once injuries or fatigue sets in. We need 17 or 18 players who can start for us on any given match day, not the same 11 every week that's how teams get figured out. Every team in the Top 6 aren't just good first 11s, they're good squads.

It's the optimism that's a killer though so can't wait until Palace hammer us 5-0 day one because Everton. :D:hayee:
I'm more worried about it resembling the second season of Martinez and Koeman and Moyes. We haven't had a manager string two good years together since the 80s.

We won't be signing any rb for big money, especially not one who 27+, same with a striker, can't see us going for the lines of Wilson who's cost a shedload with little resale value in a few years.

Neres seems the likeliest link - fits the age profile, links to the squad already and if smart will see the development of richarlison here and look at a move as the next step in his career etc.

Good player and would basically mean we would move on one or both of walcott and lookman pretty much covering the cost of this lad coming in.

Honestly don't think we will target an out and out slotter.

Think we will aim for 3 attackers who have energy and creativity in abundance.

One could hit a hot streak and score for fun. A pure goalscorer doesn't always benefit the team unless they have the other 2 attributes mentioned.

Yak and Rom both knew how to hit the target, yet did not possess the all round game consistently.

Henry arrived at Arsenal as a winger.
Ronaldo the same at United.
That is what I hope we uncover.
Ronaldo is still a winger but hasnt got the stamina to last 90m hence he plays as a CF
Hes not bad lol there but still more effective attacking from the flank.
We need a true CF
Pedro from Fluiminese is still my preferred choice

Status
Not open for further replies.